08.5 Radio Killed the Video Star Pt.2

Start from the beginning

__________________________________________________

As the rest of the group gathered to welcome Sir Pentious to the Hotel, Aria spent some time in the bar with Alastor, Niffty and Husk.

"Ah, Husker, my good man! Lovely to see you here. Pour us a drink, will you?" Alastor laughed, a twinge of teasing in his upbeat tone. "Aria, darling, what would you like?"

Aria's ears perked up at the question while Husk grumbled and poured a Jameson, sliding the glass to Alastor. All three sinners seemed curious to know about her more.

"Well," she said, twiddling her thumbs shyly. "I've never tried liquor before. No alcohol, no smoking, no partying, just living a normal life on a prestigious university campus."

The stag took a sip of his liquor and cocked his head to the side. Niffty hopped onto his shoulder and stared at Aria with an almost confused look. "That's so boring!" She pouted. "No fun."

"I know, right?" Aria nodded, chuckling a little as she adjusted her spectacles. "It was like living in a prison. Teachers pry into every little detail detail of your life like a dictator, shitty rivals in every classroom- hooh!"

A chuckle rumbled out of Alastor's chest. "Well, at least you are here now, my dear. Why don't you try a softer drink first? Just a sip." He said with a slightly encouraging grin. "You are old enough, after all. Husker?"

"The best choice is a Noughty Dealcoholized Sparkling Rosé, doll. Otherwise you'd be drunk as shit and wobble all over the fucking place." Husk poured a bit of the non-alcoholic wine in a glass and gave it to Aria. The old cat was a twinge less annoyed at the younger feline, it seemed. Niffty started to giggle at the thought of a drunk Aria.

"Thank you, Husk." The lioness demon said. After sniffing it, her brows furrowed at the unfamiliar scent. Aria looked up to see Alastor, Niffty and Husk staring at her with eagerness, urging her silently to try her first taste of alcohol- or something close to it.

"Here goes nothing, then. Down the hatch!" Aria gulped down a bit of the wine while Alastor sipped on his whiskey.

After the tasting test, Aria's eyebrows shot up at the taste. It didn't have the strong buzz she was expecting, but it wasn't unpleasant either. Alastor grinned and cocked his head to the side again. "So, what do you think?"

Aria hummed in thought. "Hmm... Not bad. Far from it, actually."

Bright grins plastered on Alastor and Niffty's face while Husk gave a smidge of an approving nod. Smiling back, Aria found herself fitting into this group quite well.

"Good girl!" Alastor praised, patting her head. "It wasn't so bad now, was it?"

________________________________________________

Charlie called everyone to gather and watch a roleplaying Angel and Sir Pentious. Angel was wearing a trenchcoat and a hat while reading a script. Sir Pentious, who didn't need the script to recite his lines, looked absolutely ridiculous with his sailor suit.

"Oh, I'm a bad man out in the streets, who never got enough hugs and kisses. Now, where's an innocent kid I can sell crack to?" Angel read flatly, bored and annoyed out of his mind. He slapped the paper and asked, "Wow, what the fuck. Who wrote this?"

Charlie looked ecstatic, unaware of Angel's discomfort. "It's great, right? Keep going, keep going!"

The rest of the group watched along. Husk was sulking while Alastor looked like he was sleeping with his eyes open. Niffty was daydreaming while looking at Sir Pentious, and Aria just watched along behind the couch. Although she was smiling, her eyebrows furrowed at the sight of the disgruntled spider demon.