On The Road

Me and Banshee have been walking for half a day. We started getting tired.

"Astro.. don't you think it's time we find a tavern of some sort?" Banshee groaned.

"Hopefully there will be one up this hill."

We walked upwards. There was a large rock poking out of the ground. I was too hungry to notice someone sitting up top.

"Ah! A traveler! I'm so glad to have met you." She yelled.

To me she was a blur all I could see was the color blue. I could tell the face I was making looked stupid as she loudly yelled.

"Ew! Don't look at me like that!?!" She backed away. She had a hat similar to a witches hat. It curved. She wore a starry robe and underneath wore strange clothes. She had purple hair and aquamarine eyes.

"Sorry, we are very hungry." I groaned.

Banshee could barely stand.

"Hungry you say? Fret not! For I know a tavern nearby. Your lives shall be saved however, I expect something in return."

"Just feed us." Banshee cried.

She took us over the hill and she pointed at a tavern.

"It's over there. Tomorrow, I want you to meet me over in that field. I shall explain what you shall be doing for me in return for saving your lives." She said as she was walking away towards the field.

We stumbled our way to the tavern. The entrance was blocked by a boy and a woman.

The boy wore a foren hat. Something I've never seen from Cavandale. His hair was also different from what I've seen. His clothes were purple. The woman wore torn and dirty clothes.

"For the last time lady. I. Don't. Have. Money." The boy said.

The woman had a sad look on her face.

"Excuse me? What's going on here?" I asked.

The boy looked at me annoyed but quickly shifted to a gentle smile.

"My apologies. I didn't mean to cause any problems. I'll see myself out." He walked away.

The poor woman ran off.

"What was that about?" Banshee asked.

I shrugged and we walked into the tavern.

It was completely dead except for one man in the corner. He felt familiar but I was too tired to say something about that.

We sat at the seats and the bartender walked up to us.

"Welcome to the Silverhand Tavern. What can I get you?"

"Just some water and a room."

He went and grabbed some water and some keys.

"We only have two rooms and both are free. Business has been slow."

He placed the water in front of me and Banshee.

She chugged all the water down while I took a few sips.

"So, what brings you here?" He asked.

I put the water down.

"I'm here to make my way to the Witches Kingdom. Do you know where that is?"

"Witches Kingdom? It's down by the field. You'll see a forest that's protected by walls. That's it but why do you have business there if it's ok with me asking?"

"I'm looking for my sibling. Was hoping I could ask the Witches if she has been around."

He started cleaning a plate.

"Well, I do hope you find your sibling. However, I doubt you'll make your way into the Kingdom. They've been kicking out a lot of mages recently. They all come here. Counted about 23 in one month."

"Why's that?"

"No clue."

Banshee finished her glass and immediately asked if we could have steak. So, we ordered steak and later went up into our rooms.

Banshee immediately got up onto bed and passed out. I realized that we basically got forced into a deal when this tavern wasn't even that far from where we were to begin with. I struggled it off and got under the covers.