Showdown

We finally made it out of the forest and saw a valley. We saw a small town in the distance it had a large church which was the first thing we saw.

We noticed that there was smoke coming from the town.

"What's going on?" Asked Banshee

"I smell trouble." I said

We rushed into the town and found that there was fire everywhere.

We heard a growl from behind us.

"Look out!" Yelled one of the townspeople

I turned and saw a large creature with a mask on its face. It was standing on two legs like a human. It held a giant axe and was beginning to swing at us.

It tried to swipe at us with the axe but I managed to dodge it while Banshee flew out of sight.

"Fire!!!" The town guards started firing arrows at the beast

The arrows seemed to slow it down however it continued the attack.

I managed to dodge two more attacks while arrows continued flying.

"Use my gift."

That voice again.

For some reason my body knew exactly what to do. I lifted my arm and put my palm up and pointed it at the beast.

Wind seemed to form around me and took shape on the palm of my hand. It started circling around in my palm somehow hurting the beast.

The recoil burned my arm causing me to lose whatever I was doing. My hand seemed to be fine however.

I heard other creatures screeching a cheering for the beast.

This guy must be the alpha.

I jumped in the air and a burst of energy started flowing within me making wind form into a small tornado and I launched it at the beast.

It pushed the beast down as it started scrambling to get up.

My legs started shaking. I was feeling tired after that attack. Not only that I haven't eaten anything in a while.

I feel onto the ground and the beast was getting ready to strike.
Suddenly, an arrow shot straight at the beast and blew up his head.

The beast looked injured heavily and started to flee.

It went black. I could hear the other creatures screaming and running away.

When I awoke I was in a nice decorated room. A girl sat on a seat next to my bed.

"Looks like your finally awake."

"Huh?" I said

"You passed out after fighting that Hachimaru."

"Hachim- what now?"

"You must not be from around here. A Hachimaru is a demon that's usually keeps to themselves but recently they've been getting a little too hostile." She said

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Lucy!"

"Lucy? Were you the one that shot at the Hachi-whatchamacallit?"

"Yep! I'm a very skilled archer I work with the knights that protect these parts."

"I see... wait a sec where's Banshee???" I said