Dread

Gale took us into the city to find Grace. Andre stood outside the headquarters.

"So, you're telling me the Talons stole the holy flute?"

Gale nodded, "Yes we've managed to take it back. We'll need to borrow it for a little longer."

"What? No. You will not be taking it out of this building."

She tried to snatch it back but Gale held onto it tightly.

"We need this-" Gale said while tugging on it.

"What could you possibly need it for?" She cried.

"Excuse me ," I said. They both looked up. "Err we need it for a plan to stop Notus... Peacefully." I said.

She snatched it out of Gales hand effortlessly. "Go on."

"We have um... A plan." I nudged Banshee. She turned with a confused look on her face which became shocked after she realized.

"OH! Right yes! A plan.. We totally have one."

Gale nodded. "That's right. We need your help for it."

"Me?"

Gale nodded once more.

She pondered and looked at me.

Andre walked in. "I couldn't help but overhear your bickering." He looked at Grace. "Trust them. They did save that town after all."

Grace looked defeated.

"Fine.. But no funny business."

Later.

"Alright, here's the plan. I use the flute to summon Notus up on Starfall Mountain and talk to him. You guys will bd backup if things go south."

"Wait? We had a plan the whole time?"

Me and Andre looked shook our head.

"Nope! I just came up with it on the spot." Gale smiled.

After discussing the half-baked plan, we marched up the mountain. When we reached the top, we could see the open fields and the sunrise. 

"Wow this place really is beautiful." I said.

"Thanks, I made it." Gale said proudly.

Somehow the others didn't pick up on it.

He pulled out the flute and began to play a tune. His hair began to glow a greenish blue and the wind began to pick up. He started to levitate as the song picked up. Grace and Andre were in shock, but it was interrupted. The sky went dark, and wind circled the mountain obscuring us from seeing the fields and sun. The wind howled around us.

From the left side of us a large dragon shot out from the wind. We all ducked except for Gale.

The Dragon circled around us before becoming stationary at the edge of the cliff.

Its wings had holes and tears. Its scales were green. It had cyan colored eyes with razor sharped claws and a tail that could destroy buildings with one swoop.

"Nocus, my friend. It's been a long time." Gale said as the Dragon began to sniff him. I saw its neck had a large purple wound.

"Have you been doing oka-?" Gale asked before Nocus tried biting us. Gale pushed us back with wind. We got up. I saw Gale looked a little mad.

"Bad Dragon!" Nocus didn't care. He roared and the wind began to pick up more.

"Your Dragon is with me now, Wind God." A creature chuckled. He was riding on Nocus back.

It was a Banshee-sized purple rabbit half humanoid man thing. It wore a mask and held a staff.

"So, you're behind this!" Gale yelled.

"What is that?" Banshee cried.

"It's a Void Shaman. I've seen these things floating around my house and the woods." Andre said.

"Nocus. The Wind God is using you. He'll kill me and leave you to rot." The creature said.

"What? Thats no-" Gale was cut off.

"Shut up! Your words fall on deaf ears. Nocus doesn't want to play no more!" 

"Leave him alone!" Gale said while charging up an attack.

"Oh no! He's going to get me!" The Void Shaman cried.

Nocus roared and spun around smacking his tail at the cliff. Gale summoned a wind barrier around us to protect us from the attack. We got sent flying. The wind began clearing up and Nocus flew off into the distance.

"Dammit he got away." Andre said.

Gale got up. "No, he didn't. He's in my land. I put a spell on him. I know exactly where he is." He let out a cough.

"So, you're the Wind God?" Grace said.

"What gave it away." He said jokingly.

"Where is Nocus heading?" Andre said.

"Too the ruins of Old Cavandale."

"What's that?" I asked.

"During the War of The Gods, Cavandale was in a different spot. However, it was destroyed during the fight between Nocus and the Dragon of Death." Grace said.

"We should make our way there now." Gale said.

Meanwhile.

The Dragon flies ahead into the ruins and straight into a Subspace. 

A onlooker views the Dragon from a distance.

"Mlady." The Void Shaman says from behind. "The Dragon encountered the Wind God. What shall we do?" 

There was a short pause.

"They are destined to meet. Do not interfere with the prophecy. After all the Wind God will be accompanied by the boy from the stars. Go now. We shall head forth to the Elder Tree. We have some unfinished business to do."

"Yes, milady."