(Don't forgive him) Towards you, Pt 3.5

Y/n remained silent, his head whirling in chaos. He began to laugh slowly, his smile twisted as he brushed his hair back and held it back. The others look at him in confusion and slight offence, why was he laughing? "I..." He started, his hand dropping back down to his side and his smile being wiped from his face. He wasn't sure how to cope, the laugh just forced its way out of him, and he didn't even hold it back. "Let me think about it..." He continued and looked at Basil with a soft and nervous expression.

~

...

Oh, he's thought about it, laying on his back, on his bed with a forearm over his closed eyes. He didn't want to think but he felt so betrayed. He understood, that Basil was young, and he was probably panicked. But the first thought to frame it as a murder, was that really what Basil thinks about? It kind of scared Y/n, he didn't know what to think but his thoughts of Basil changed. 

He didn't know if he loved him, if he was scared of him, or if he was angry at him. Loved him for the way he was, scared of him because of the way he thinks, angry at him for keeping a secret. Y/n sighed before he closed his eyes and rolled onto his side. He forced himself to sleep, not to think. His dreams were filled with a strange-looking Basil. He looked like a stranger...

~
In the morning, when Y/n was walking towards Faraway Plaza to pick up some groceries, he made eye contact with Basil. Basil softly smiled and seemed like he was about to say something but Y/n screwed his eyes shut and quickly walked away, walking into the store. Basil stood there, heartbroken and defeated before he fought the urge to cry and walked off his own way as well. 

~
Y/n ignored Basil the whole week, almost lasting half a month. "Why won't you talk to Basil?" Kel asked, bouncing a basketball beside him, Y/n sitting on a bench in the bark. Kel turned his head to Y/n as the (H/c) coloured-haired boy didn't answer. "Is it because of what we told you...?" Kel asked in a worried voice as he stopped bouncing his ball, holding it to his side.

The sound of a thud echoed, Y/n had closed his book. He sighed and turned his head to Kel with a  frown, Kel fell silent and sadly frowned back. "I'm not sure anymore..." Y/n answered before he looked back to the front and leaned back against the park bench. He slightly slouched against the bench with a soft sigh. "What do you think, Kel?" Y/n asked in a more vulnerable voice, his eyes looking at the ground. 

Kel sighed in relief before he also sat down on the ground, pursing his lips as he looked in front of him. "Um... Try to talk to him?" Kel replied with uncertainty before scratching the back of his head in confusion. He hummed to himself before sighing and shrugging. "Yeah, I'm not the best person to ask for advice. You could ask Hero but he's currently away for University." He added before lowering his hand along with a lost look plastered on his face. 

Y/n chuckled before standing up and then dusting himself off. "Maybe, I'll just take a walk." He spoke with an empty smile before walking off, waving a hand in the air, and saying goodbye to Kel. Kel waved back before holding his basketball out in front of him, a down look on his face as he stared at the basketball. 

~~

Trying to take his mind off things, Y/n decided to take a walk around Faraway Town, hands in his pockets and his head tilted down. There was a slight grimace on his face, everything reminded him of Basil, people simply talking, birds, flowers, even the trees reminded him of Basil. He couldn't help it, being in love with Basil for around 3 months has taken a toll on him. He didn't know what to do with his feelings. 

He still loves Basil but knowing there's so much he doesn't know about Basil... it scared him. He walked over to the hidden lake where the group normally hangs out, especially him and Basil. They used to spend time together there, sitting on the blue picnic blanket with one another. So, returning back to the park, he made his way over to the hidden entrance of the lake area. He searched around before he found it and moved the branches out of the way before he made his way in.