(Forgive him) Towards you, Pt 3.5

Y/n remained silent, his head whirling in chaos. He began to slowly laugh, his smile twisted as he brushed his hair back and held it back. The others look at him in confusion and slight offence, why was he laughing? "I..." He started, his hand dropping back down to his side and his smile being wiped from his face. He wasn't sure how to cope, the laugh just forced its way out of him, and he didn't even hold it back. "Let me think about it..." He continued and looked at Basil with a soft and nervous expression.

~

Y/n sat on his bed with a huff, he held the side of his head as he slightly hunched over, his elbows on his knee. He gritted his teeth as he felt chaos internally. He wanted to forgive Basil, to let it go. It's not like he knew Mari but for him, that wasn't the point. The point was that Basil thought of hanging someone, he didn't give it a chance to figure out if they were alive or not. It was a terrifying thought but he was sure Basil liked him too. 

His breath grew shallow and his heart raced with anxiety. His vision was blurring and his ears softly began to ring. As if he was going insane, he screwed his eyes shut and curled into himself as if he wanted comfort. 

The flower crown-wearing child grew nervous and he subtly took a step back as well as avert his eyes away. "I-I'm B-Basil." He answered before he hesitantly looked at the other. The happy and lively dog soon ran over to the sitting boy, jumping on him before nuzzling its snout against the young boy. "U-Um... What about y-you?" The blonde boy asked, shyly rubbing his arm. 

Y/n's eyes widened, the child's voice ringing through his ears, his breathing steadying as he slightly straightened up. His hands lowered from his head and he sat up straight before looking up at the ceiling of his bedroom. "Poor Basil, it must've been hard as a kid. He was probably alone after that, having to witness something so traumatic..." Y/n muttered to himself as he dove into deep thought. Thinking about what Basil had to go through. 

Despite what Basil did what he did when he was younger, Y/n couldn't hate him, he loved the guy after all. Y/n furrowed his brows before roughly slapping his own cheek, his head thrown to the side as his cheek stung and faded into a red. 

He got up from his bed and rushed out the door, slipping into his shoe with a slight stumble. He then threw the door open before he began to run, he wasn't sure if the door closed behind him or not. 

He ran through the streets of Faraway Town, his first destination being Basil's house. But the one who answered was Polly, Basil's caretaker. Y/n asked where Basil was but Polly only said she didn't know but he wasn't at home, she suggested checking the park. Y/n nodded his head before running off again, running over to the park, only to find Aubrey and her group of friends. He asked Aubrey, only getting the same answer as Polly but she suggested checking the lake. Y/n got stuck for a bit before sighing and nodding, he said goodbye and then began to run over to the park, finding the entrance and then moving through it. 

The lake was empty, not a single soul was there except for a laid-out blue picnic blanket. Y/n smiled at it, he and Basil spent a few hangouts (dates) there. Reading, eating, talking, swimming, and sometimes sleeping next to one another. Memories that the two made the past three months flashed in his head, making him smile endearingly. 

He then shook his head and then ran off again, running towards Faraway Center, then Sunny's old house, their old treehouse, and everywhere he could think of. But the sun fell, only peaking over the horizon and leaving an orange colour in the sky. Y/n ran out of options, even in the areas that Hero and Kel suggested, Basil wasn't there. 

With a sigh, Y/n sat down on the edge of a sidewalk, sitting on a curb. He ruffled his hair in annoyance with another rough sigh. The sidewalk looked like any other, grey, slightly faded due to time, and grass slightly overgrowing it. Y/n slowly exhaled this time, calming himself before he slightly leaned back, his hands on the concrete behind him. He listened to the wind, trying to calm his senses and clear his mind. But, in the background, there was the noise of a soft sob, blending in with the wind.