Morning Chores

Three slowly crept down the stairs and made his way into the hallway of the grand manor. "God it's dark in here. Are you people vampires or something?" He quickly opens the curtains for the bright sunlight to cover him and quickly shields his eyes. Time to make haste Three. Lots to do today. Now standing in front of the door to his stepmother's room, he quietly creaks the door. 

There, sitting in a fancy bed on the other side of the room was Lucifer, sleeping peacefully. Three mustered up every ounce of patience he could muster and said with a steady voice "Come here Lucifer." The cat barred its claws and stretched. He looked at Three for a few seconds, sneered, and went back to sleep. "Oi! Come here you stupid cat before I make you!" Three tried to hold back his temper before anyone woke up. Luckily for him, Lucifer gave up and walked out of the room. 

He held his head high and proudly like he owned the place or something. Did this cat seriously think he was the boss around here? Not to Three. He shut the door right when Lucifer was in the doorway, causing him to trip. "Listen here mister. I don't want to see your face any more than you want to see mine, but I have orders to feed you first. Not like you deserve it anyway..." Three said that last part quietly as he and the feline made their way downstairs.

Lucifer walked into the kitchen but then immediately stopped. Eggdog was there, eating his breakfast. The cat then came up with a plan to get him to move. A plan involving that dog getting in trouble. Three was gathering, mugs, bowls, and plates to put on a tray. "Enjoying my specialty Eggdog?" He took a bag of coffee beans, grinded them up, and put them in the coffee pot to simmer. Eggdog was eating happily till Lucifer slowly crept up and started shoving his tail in the poor pup's face. When that didn't get Eggdog to stir that dastardly hairball did something that caused the egg to lose it. He crouched down into a defenseless position, raised his claw up, and...SCRATCH!

He made a nasty cut on Eggdog's face. He growled and the Lucifer screamed in pain. Three turned around to see this horrid sight and quickly rushed over. "EGGDOG!" He took the poor pup and cradled him in his arm, speaking in his sweet baby voice. "it's okay Eggdog. Did that mean cat hurt you?" He kissed Eggdog gently and took him outside where he would be out of harm's way. Three came back inside with a bowl filled with milk and slammed it in front of Lucifer. "I hope you're proud of yourself you stupid cat!" Someday he would keep Eggdog safe from that wretched old cretin.

The only pet left to feed was the brother's pet Yoshi. Three grabbed a basket of apples and traveled outside. Meanwhile inside Lucifer was drinking his milk until something caught his eye. The mouse from earlier was scurrying up the table to find something to eat. The cat immediately abandoned his bowl of milk and dove for the mouse. That slippery thing was faster than he looked as he hid behind a coffee mug. Not going to get trapped again, especially not from its natural predator. Didn't look that way for long as that clever feline had trapped him under the cup. What a breakfast this was going to be...

"SMG3!!!"

The bell rang as one of his brothers was calling him. "I'm coming" Three called as he rolled his eyes. "The same crap everyday."And he was supposed to be the unpleasant one. Lucifer dove under the table as Three grabbed the mugs and filled them up at the coffee pot. Breakfast was almost ready but another bell rang out. "SMG3!!!"

"And the other idiot is up. Grrrreaaattt..." Lucifer just kept waiting under the table. He was going to get that rodent if it was the last thing he did. Now all the bells were ringing. God that awful sound was irritating him. Not another second later he grabbed all the trays and took off toward the bedrooms. That darn cat wasn't done yet as he followed behind.

Three presented himself into the first bedroom. "Morning Luigi." Lucifer put his ear to the door and heard a faint conversation inside. "Take my overalls and iron them in 1 hour! 1 HOUR!" Three came out with a basket of clothes that weighed a ton. "Ugh. Kill me now." He then set forth himself into the second bedroom. "Morning Mario." Once again, Lucifer put his ear to the door and heard a very similar conversation. "About time! Get Mario Spaghetti! And don't make it crappy like last time!" This time Three came out with a huge pot and mumbled "Sure thing fatso..." He saved the worst for last. A few steps in Nerissa's room. "Take the laundry and get on with your duties!" He tried his best not drop anything when he left the room but this was more weight than he could handle. Still managed though. "Why did father think this women would care about me?"

A few minutes of silence. Lucifer waited for that mouse to make one false move. And then it happened. "MAMAAAA!" He sprung into action and caught the mouse as it ran out the door. Mario ran out screaming while Three came back to see what the commotion was. "SMG3 YOU INSULTED MARIO! YOU WILL PAY FOR HUMILIATING MARIO LIKE THAT!" Three was confused as hell. "What are you babbling about idiot?" Mario ran off to Nerissa's room to explain what happened. Luigi came up behind Mario, glaring at Three. "What did you do to my brother now?" He pushed his way past to see what the problem was. As soon as the door shut Three raised an eyebrow at Lucifer. "Alright you dumb cat. What did you do?" Admitting defeat, he raised his paw up to reveal a frightened mouse. It scurried off into a hole in the wall. "Seriously. All this for a freaking mouse!"

"SMG3 come here." Wonderful. Now he was going to be punished when he didn't even do anything. Lucifer ran ahead of him into the room. Not going to miss a front row seat to this stunt. "Aren't you going to get it." Mario teased. Three took a deep breath and went inside."Close the door." The brothers wanted to go in but the door stopped them and they slammed into each other. They pushed each other out of the way to peek into the keyhole. Three saw a devilish sneer women, stroking her cat. "Okay look. I had nothing to do with whatever that idiot was complaining about." Nerissa scowled. "Hold your tone."

"Seems you have time on your hands." Obviously not. "Not really because you-"

"SILENCE!" No matter how much Three tried to convince her he was innocent Nerissa wouldn't buy it. "Time for vicious practical jokes." She took a sip of her coffee. "There's the large carpet in the main hallway. Clean it. And the windows upstairs and downstairs. Wash them." Of course that furball was nodding along with everything that crotchety lady was saying. "And the tapestries and the draperies."

"Are you serious! I just cleaned them yester-"

"Do them again!" "and don't forget your duties at the cafe. One single customer dissatisfied and you're finished." He actually didn't mind the work at the cafe. Three had made some great friends there over the years. "Oh yes. One more thing. See that Lucifer gets his bath." The cat sneered while Three just sighed heavily. This was a punishment. If that were true then he must be disciplined every day. 

Keep your head up Three. Things will go your way soon. You'll see...