★ • 04 •★

🄾🄻🄳 🄵🅁🄸🄴🄽🄳 🄾🄵 🄼🄸🄽🄴

🄾🄻🄳 🄵🅁🄸🄴🄽🄳 🄾🄵 🄼🄸🄽🄴

【☆】★【☆】

"Does the name Kim Taehyung ring a bell?"

Star can't help but let a small gasp slip from her lips the moment she hears the name fall from Jungkook's lips.

Kim Taehyung.

God, it had been an eternity since she'd heard that name spoken aloud. Years ago all mention of the man had been strictly forbidden by her father after an incident occurred.

The events that took place one faithful night had left an indelible mark on Star's psyche. Even in the dead of night, with only the quiet of her room for company, her mind would wander back to that fateful moment, replaying it over and over again like a movie she couldn't escape from.

Taehyung was the son of a handmaid her father had hired years ago back when Star was just a girl her mother was still around. Taehyung's mother would let him tag along to the mansion during her shifts when she couldn't afford a babysitter and eventually, the two kids hit it off.

Throughout their entire childhood, the bond between the two was unbreakable. They had been inseparable since they were seven years old, and their friendship only grew stronger as they entered their teen years. They shared an unspoken connection that no one could ever understand, with endless inside jokes and memories that would last a lifetime. They were like two peas in a pod, always there for each other no matter what.

However, they were forced apart the very night that Star lost her mother. She still remembers the night that everything transpired as vividly as if it had happened just yesterday.

' It was late and Star had spent the entire day hidden away beneath the blankets of her bed sniffling into a soft silk blouse that had once adorned her now late mother.

It was one of the few things that could comfort the young girl in such a devastating time as it still carried slight traces of her mother's scent.

Star was distraught by the news her father had given her earlier that day at breakfast when she asked why her mother never came down to eat.

"She was in an accident on her way home from a gathering late last night." That was all he said. Short and sweet. To the point. As always. Not an ounce of compassion or a hint of sorrow. Kang Seuno was already moving in with life, or at least pretending to not show weakness.

Either way, Star simply couldn't fathom a word the man was saying. It didn't help that his tone was cold and seemingly unbothered the entire time he broke the news to the girl that her mother would never be returning home.

Not a single tear slipped from his eyes as he chomped down his breakfast and nonchalantly flipped through that day's paper.

The man didn't even look up as Star began to sniffle at the table and plead that he explains. In fact, He flat out refused to elaborate on any details or answer any of the questions Star had such as: "What gathering?" "What kind of accident?" "Who was responsible?" and so many more.