★ • 02 •★

🄻🄴🅃🅂 🄼🄰🄺🄴 🄰 🄳🄴🄰🄻

🄻🄴🅃🅂 🄼🄰🄺🄴 🄰 🄳🄴🄰🄻

【☆】★【☆】

Star could feel the heat emanating off her cheeks as she realized she'd been badmouthing her father and his associates directly to the man she was to be impressing tonight.

'So much for a good first impression...'

She scolds herself, the gears in her mind shifting to come up with any possible way to redeem her father's reputation after what she'd said before.

"I trust you will be good company to Mr. Jeon dear," Seuno says, his eyes staring hard at his daughter as he senses a hint of panic in her behavior.

Star looks to her father and forces a tight smile, unable to piece together a response as she's preoccupied with preparing a phony speech for Jeon about her father's promising character.

Jungkook answers for her.

"She already has been." the man shoots Star a flirtatious smile, one which she does not reciprocate. "Your daughter is a perfect angel Seuno."

"Well," the man is flattered "she is her father's child after all." He says, seeming to dismiss the previous concerns he had with his daughter and quickly bidding them both farewell when he hears someone calling his name. "Be good you two." He says with a look of mock amusement before disappearing into the crowd.

Star clears her throat once he's gone, repressing her nerves and straightening her posture as she looks to Jungkook to see that his smile never wavered.

"I don't wear a watch," he teases picking right back up where he'd left off. "And I like to think of myself as an alright dancer. So I guess that's seventy bucks you owe me?"

Star narrowed her eyes on the handsome man before her, she secretly found his teasing to be amusing but was unwilling to admit it at the moment.

"You knew you were the one my father set me up with all along." She scowls, not enjoying being made a fool of. "And yet you let me blabber on about how all his associates are the same."

Jungkook shrugs, uncaring and all around unfazed by the daggers being shot at him from Star's bright brown eyes.

"That's because, for the most part, they are. I just happen to be the odd one out." He winks, his cocky demeanor glowing.

Star ignores this, promptly going to work on damage control.

"Y'know, despite what I said earlier my father is a good man. He works hard to ensure the city stays safe and in one piece. And no one can outnumber the amount of money he's put into renovations. And even if his associates are boring and all mostly the same they aren't unbearable. I think that—"

"Good lord," Jungkook groans inwardly, letting out an exasperated sigh as his playful expression twists distastefully.

Dramatically, he dropped his head and covered his face with his hands, mumbling into his palms. "I don't want to talk about your father Star. And even if I did you wouldn't be able to convince me of the same bullshit you feed to the others. Trust me, I know everything there is to know about your father's character. Probably even more than you."