Chapter 4

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
(Name) woke up and groggily rolled out of bed. He/she slept decent, but decent isn't exactly the same as good. Even though it was early morning, (name)'s parents were already gone without a trace.
After forcing himself/herself to actually get up and get dressed, (name) left his/her room and knocked on the door to Mile's room a few times.
"Wakey wakey it's time for school," (name) tried to fake enthusiasm but was clearly still waking up himself/herself.
Mile didn't make a sound.
"C'mon, I'll leave you at home if you don't get up."
"Ughhhhhhhh..." Mile finally indicated she was awake and getting up, so (name) decided to head to the kitchen and make breakfast.
He/she rifled through the freezer and took out some frozen waffles. All of them had little pieces of ice on them, which (name) tried to get off by tapping each waffle aggressively with one hand while he/she held it above the sink with the other. Then he/she put them into the toaster and waited for breakfast to be ready.
By time they popped out the toaster, Mile had come out her room. She and (name) each took a waffle, put it on a plate, and went to the table to eat breakfast.
Between bites they talked.
"Why did you scream 'what the fuck' last night?" Mile started the conversation.
"Why weren't you asleep yet?" (Name) retorted after swallowing.
"Touché," Mile grumbled. "Wait why weren't you asleep then?"
"You think I have a good sleep schedule? That's funny."
"... well no, but...." Mile had no words. "Damn it."
(Name) smirked and finished his/her waffle. "I win."
"Hmph!"
~~~
After both of the siblings packed for school, (name) leaving the GameBoy at home, they got on the school bus and began their day.
Like usual, name went to class. A little less than half of the school year remained by this point, so (name) already had a usual schedule established:
English class. Math class. Lunch. Lab. And then history class.
Between blocks, (name) also had the occasional joy of being verbally abused by others. Because what's school without a little drama and psychological pain?
It is pretty normal to (name). He/she doesn't consider it bullying, but rather disrespect. Between classes being called a dumbass among other things was just the norm.
As long as it doesn't escalate, (name) decided to just not care.
Today was one of those days. Between math and lunch, (name) was dragged to the side.
"Oh look at the moron all alone again!" One laughed.
"Can't make any friends, (name)?" Another teased.
"Or do you need your sister to make friends for you?" The third one just chimed in to say something for the heck of it.
(Name) tried to walk away, ignoring them.
"YOU DEAF OR SOMETHING?"
"Yes," (name) deadpanned.
One of them lightly shoved (name). This was the extent of the physical contact that they would do. Never anything more. Never leaving bruises or scars: proof.
(Name) went to lunch, ignoring the yells behind him/her. He/she sat alone and ate in silence, the sounds of the other students laughing and talking drowning out (name)'s own thoughts.
~~~
The rest of the school day was relatively mundane. Dull, monotonous work while an underpaid teacher lectured the class halfheartedly. Typical Monday energy, also known as a lack thereof.
After the final bell, (name) got his/her stuff and went out to the bus pickup area. He/she sat on a low brick wall as he/she waited for the bus to arrive; eventually he/she was joined by Mile, who silently waited there with her eyes fixated on the road which the bus would enter from.
Time passed slowly, but after a little more than 10 minutes the bus pulled in to the bus pickup area, and the doors opened.
People shoved and chaos ensued as more students than the bus should legally be allowed to carry climbed on in a not-so-orderly fashion. (Name) was lucky enough to find an empty seat. After sitting down and scooting all the way over to the window, he/she put his/her backpack on the other side of the seat; this prevented random people from sitting with him/her, and he/she only removed the bag for Mile.
They did not sit together on the bus because of closeness or anything special, rather it was because a mutual agreement to avoid sitting with someone annoying or rude.
As the bus began to drive off, (name) leaned his/her head against the window. This, of course, violently shook (name)'s head, but he/she didn't care too much.
(Name) and Mile were the 4th stop on the bus, so it took around 15 minutes before they were finally at home. They grabbed their stuff and got off the bus before navigating through their neighborhood and to their house.
At home, (name) and Mile finally decided to look at the note on the fridge, which they had intentionally neglected this morning.
"Mom and Dad won't be home until after 11 again," Mile pointed out.
"When are they ever home before that? They do nothing for us."
"Yeah..."
The note had another brief scribbled message. The sloppy handwriting only said two things. First, that (name) and Mile's parents would be home at 11 PM. Second, that (name) and Mile needed to clean the counters and kitchen table today because it was too dirty.
"Hey (name), can we get an Ubre to get food for Cider?"
"Sure, let's just eat dinner first. We can clean everything when we get back...." (Name) then did a double take, looking at the counters and table. "Ok, maybe we clean some while cooking, the table has too much stuff on it to begin with."
"Haha...right," Mile nervously laughed as she finally acknowledged the fact that the entire kitchen table, minus two small spots where she and (name) would eat breakfast and dinner, was covered in paper, snack bags, and random items.
—————
1009 words

Idk if I'll update on a weekly schedule, but I'm trying guys. I'm really trying :(