Chapter 13 - 2nd day back to work

Start from the beginning

He sat next to his girlfriend and slowly shook her shoulder to wake her up, before helping her sit up and handing her the warm cup of tea that'll give her body some energy.

Once they had both finished eating breakfast, the second lead firefighter started to feel energy in her body and she helped her boyfriend quickly wash the dishes, making the job go as twice as fast.

When they had finished putting away the dry bowl and mug, they tied the back of each others aprons and washed their hands, before fetching their recipes for their chosen dessert that would hopefully earn one of them a trophy.

Sam was going to bake a red velvet cake and his loving opponent was baking her grandmothers famous chocolate brownies, hoping to win the Pontypandy bake off just like she did many years ago.

They both added their ingredients and mixed their batters, before putting their oven gloves on and pouring their mixtures into their tray or tin to place into the oven.

The two desserts were now baking in the oven and the love birds were cleaning up the mess, so they would have a clean area to decorate their entries.

When the red haired man wasn't looking, the blonde woman sneakily scooped a bit of his cake batter of the bowl with her first finger and she was just about to suck it, when he wiped it off her skin.

"You can't, sweetheart! Complicated foods can make your tummy worse, so just stick to bland food for now!", he believed her about her fake constipation, but when he left to use the toilet, she took some of the mixture from the bowl with her finger and stuck it in her mouth to taste his cooking.

When he came back from the loo, the lovers started washing and drying their dishes together to reuse to create the icings and creams when their food is done cooking.

"Do you want to make this interesting?", she questioned as she yawned and rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes, feeling her herbal tea wearing off a little, "yeah, I'm always up for a challenge, sleepy head!", he teased as they were both decorating their masterpieces.

"Whoever loses the baking competition has to pay the bill for dinner at a restaurant for both of us!", the second lead firefighter dared playfully, "your on!", he replied competitively.

Once the lead firefighter and his girlfriend had finished cooking their entries for the bake off, they covered them up and placed them inside the fridge so they don't get spoilt.

His red velvet cake was decorated magnificently with icing on the sides and around the boader with a filled, red heart in the middle, whereas the love of his life's chocolate brownies with cream in the middle and a chocolate on top looked amazing, but they couldn't tell one another as they were rivals.

"Now our desserts are already for the bake off, so may the best one win!", Sam grinned from ear to ear, "and I can't wait to see what restaurant you take me too!", Penny added cockily as she walked up to him to passionately kiss his lips.

"Let's get you washed up first, because you can't turn up to work like this, honey!", the red haired man slipped her apron over her head and stared at her face full of mixture, "you need to clean up as well, babe!", she twitched her hips as she did the same thing to him.

The love birds then interlaced their fingers and headed upstairs into the bathroom together to wash their faces, while playfully soaking each others arms that weren't covered by their polo shirts.