Chapter 48

They all spent some more time together but Avu was not talking much. She was just lost in her thoughts after whatever Zalak said. After some time, they all bid bye to Avu and left. They all spent some family time, had dinner and slept after some time. Except one person, Avu who was feeling something weird but was not able to figure out what exactly. She was tossing on her bed continuously with Hazel sleeping peacefully beside her sucking on her thumb. A smile came on her face and she forgot everything at least for now as her sight fell on the angel beside her. Avu pulled her closer cuddled with her and slept peacefully.

Next morning

Avu woke up and saw the most beautiful sight. Hazel was sleeping on top of her peacefully with her head on Avu's chest maybe listening to her heartbeat. Avu tightened her grip around Hazel trying to get her warmth and started caressing her hair. Hazel was also loving the massage she was getting in her sleep. As much as Avu would have loved to stay there forever just like that, she knew her duties were calling her. So she sighed and kissed the top of Hazel's head.

Avu: Hazel baby wake up

Hazel stirred in her sleep with a frown formed on her face but she didn't wake up. Avu woke her up with a bit of difficulty. She got herself ready and made Hazel ready for school. Then she quickly prepared their breakfast and lunch boxes. They had their breakfast and left after locking the home. Avu dropped Hazel giving her the daily instructions and left for work not before kissing Hazel's baby cheeks.

Avu entered the office and greeted her colleagues with a smile. Akshit and Sid were also standing discussing some projects. As Avu passed them, Sid wished her but her smile disappeared and left ignoring them. Both of them were a bit astonished.

Akshit: Shayad dekha nhi hoga

He said not finding any reason for her to ignore the duo. Sid hmmed not knowing what to say. Both left for their respective cabins and got busy with their work. At lunchtime, Sid went to Avu's cabin. But he saw her leaving already. She left without giving a glance at him. He went to Akshit's cabin instead.

Akshit: Kya ho gya? Itna bokhlaya kyu hua hai?

Sid: Huh?

Akshit: Tabiyat theek hai na teri?

Sid: Hnn. Wo Avu ke baare mein soch raha hu

Akshit: Kya? Are you going to propose to her finally or what?

Sid: Kya propose? Mujhe lag rah hai wo mujhe ignore kar rahi hai

Akshit: Yrr tu abhi bhi subah wali baat ko lekar overthink kar raha hai?

Sid: Nhi na wo to mein bhool bhi gya tha

Then he narrated the recent happening.

Akshit: Maybe meeting na ho to socha ho khud hi le aati Hazel ko. Aage bhi to jaati hai wo lene itna kya sochna iss mein. Aur waise bhi wo ussi ki niece hai to uske paas jaana koi itni badi baat to hai nhi

Sid: I know but mujhe aesa feel hua ki wo mujhe ignore kar rahi hai. I don't know why

Akshit: Chal tu khaana to khaale

Sid nodded and they both had lunch. After lunch, Sid was about to go back but it was like his feet betrayed him and before he could think anything, he was standing outside Avu's cabin. He knocked on the door after debating with himself in his mind.

Avu: Come in

He entered the cabin and Avu was making Hazel sleep. Avu looked up.

Avu: You here? Kuch...chahie tha kya?

She asked plainly. 

Sid: Seriously Avu? From when I started coming to this cabin with a purpose?

Avu shook her head.

Avu: See Sid I am really busy

Sid: Busy doing what? Tumhari to koi meeting bhi nhi hai aaj. Aane wale do teen din mein nhi hai as far as I know. You only told me tumhare projects bhi filhaal complete hai. Aur waise bhi I came to meet Hazel. Mein yaha tumhare lie nhi aaya

Avu: So you see she is sleeping. Now you can leave

Sid: Yrr tu mujhe bhagaane mein kyu lagi ho? Wait is it because of what I taught Hazel? Well, I didn't teach but whatever. Is that the reason? Trust me she won't ever speak it again

Avu: Siddharth yrr tum jaoo yaha se na. Kyu pareshaan kar rahe ho?

She said getting irritated.

Sid: Wow ab mein Sid se Siddharth ho gya hua aur tumhe pareshaan kar raha hu. Very good. Arre meri galati to bata do na

This time Avu got frustrated and shouted at her.

Avu: Tum jaoo na apni girlfriend ke paas. Mere upar kyu time waste kar rahe ho hnn?

Sid: What girlfriend?

He asked confused.

Avu: Vahin jiske saath date par gaye the. Jaoo usike paas na

Sid took it in other way. He thought "She is hurt that he didn't told her before as best friend"

Sid: Arre yrr Avu tum bhi na. Wo ladki ko maa ne pasand kiya-

He was about to give her clarification but there was a knock on the door.

Avni: Come in.

Peon walked in.

Peon: Siddharth sir boss aapko bhula rahe hai urgently.

Sid: Okay main aaya.

Peon nodded and left.

Avni: Jao boss ko kuch urgent kaam hoga varna peon aese dhundta nahi tumhe.

She said to avoid the topic which they were talking about. Sid glanced at Avni and left.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter