Chapter 55

Akshit: Nope... You are not jealous of him. You are jealous for him Avni. Aese kyun?

Avni (irritated): Kuch bhi mat bolo. Mujhe kaam hai please jao.

Akshit: Haa jata hoon but Avni ek baat. Tum jealous ho. Jealous ho us ladki se jo Sid ke life me aane wali hai. Aese nahi hai Avni ye feelings ko tum experience hi first-time kar rahi ho. First-time was not something that's other thing but tum apni feelings to samajh hi sakti ho na. Why you are jealous of someone for him? Bye. Shaam ko milte hai.

With this, he left.

After Akshit left, she sat processing his words. She was numb and frightened. Understanding the exact meaning of his words.

Avni: Ye Akshit na pagal ho gaya hai. Kuch bhi bolta hain. Meri feelings mujhe pata ke isko pata. Hota kaun hai ye kuch bolne wala. Main baat hi nahi karugi usse. Abhi kaam karna hai mujhe.

She shifted her focus to work. She was working on her laptop, physically present in her cabin but her mind was not there. Akshit's words, her feelings, the moments she spent with Sid. Everything was going on in her mind.

Not being able to focus on work. She gave up and shut her laptop.

Avni: Kya main sach me? Ye sach thori hai. Main nahi kar sakti pyaar... PYAAR... Nahi main nahi kar sakti. Kaise kar sakti hoon main ye galati? Nahi... Main kar hi nahi sakti pyaar. Pyaar karna galati nahi hai but main... Mere liye hai. Meri Hazel ka kya hoga. Nahi nahi main kar sakti.

She keeps on mumbling these words as tears roll down her eyes. Her eyes fell on the photo frame which was on the table with her, Hazel and Abhinavi's picture. Because of tears, her view was blurred. She quickly wiped her tears and took Abhinavi's photo. She stood up from her chair and walked towards the couch where Hazel was sleeping. Avni sat on the floor beside the couch. Again tears brimmed in her eyes.

Avni (looking at Abhinavi's photo and Hazel): Bhai, Bhabhi... Aap bilkul tension na lo. Main hoon na Hazel ke pass. Main kabhi nahi chorugi usko. Maine promise kiya tha aapko. Main nahi chorugi Hazel ko akele kisi bhi halat me. I am with Hazel. Trust me, please. I am with her, beside her.

She sobbed.

Avni: Kyun chale gaye aap log mujhe chor kar. Aapki choti baby ke pass to main hoon. Aapki badi baby ka kya? Mera kya?

She hugged their photo and was sobbing.

Avni: Situations hai difficult. But main weak nahi ho sakti. Mujhe strong rehna hoga. No one is more important to me than Hazel. No one.

She wiped her tears and pecked Hazel's forehead.

Avni: I love you, my baby.

Hazel smiled in sleep. A small and painful smile came on Avni's lips. She pecked Abhinavi's photo and got back to her work.

Akshit who came to check on Avni if she was fine or needed help was standing at the door, peeping inside at Avni since the moment she wiped her tears and took the family photo from the table.

Akshit (mumbling to himself): Don't worry Avni. This time you don't have to choose between Hazel and Sid. This time you have Sid by your side. He isn't Akshit. He is Siddharth.

He was happy for Avni. For himself, he was not sad like before. He was on the path of moving on.

He went back to his cabin and started working, giving some time to Avni.

Skip to evening

Avni came into Akshit's cabin. Akshit was busy on call with someone got shock looking at Avni and Hazel.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter