Chapter 15

Akshit paid for their lunch and walked towards the parking lot. Avni was standing with the support of a car lost in her thoughts. She noticed Akshit and turned her face to wipe a tear before it could roll down. Akshit opened the door of the passenger seat and she sat down without a word. Akshit sighed and walked towards the driver's seat. The drive was awfully quiet. Not that they had this silence between them earlier. But this was not that comforting silence that they used to love earlier.

Avni was looking outside lost in her thoughts. Akshit wanted to comfort her but he didn't have words. They finally reached.

Akshit: Avni look...

But she didn't wait for him and left. Akshit rested his head on the seat. He closed his eyes and let his tears fall.

Akshit: I am sorry Avni

He spoke more like whispered and broke down into sobs. While Avni walked inside. She went to her cabin to find Sid having lunch and also patting Hazel to sleep with her head on his lap. He noticed her.

Sid: Oh hii Avni. How was your date? Tum log thoda jaldi nhi aa gaye? I thought you guys will take some time. Itne time baad you both got time. Hazel was fine. Tum log time spend kar sakte the. Dekho wo so hi rahi hai

He looked when he realized she was not saying anything.

Sid: Kya hua? Sab theek hai na?

Avni nodded.

Sid: Are you sure? Because you are not looking normal

Avni: I am fine Siddharth. Just a bit tired

Sid: Pakka?

Avni: Hnn. Tum tension matt lo

Sid: Akshit kaha hai?

Avni: Kuch nhi usko ghar se call aa gya. He must be coming

Sid was not satisfied but didn't push her much because she was not looking towards him during the whole conversation. She was trying to look away.

Sid: Hazel to so gayi hai aur khaana bhi kha lia tha usne

Avni: Thanks

Sid: To mein chalta. Lunchtime to over hone wala hai

Avni: Ya okk

He made Hazel lay down and stood up and walked towards the door. He was about to open the door but Avni called him.

Sid: Ya?

Avni: Siddharth tum free ho? I mean koi meeting hai?

Sid: Nhi koi meeting to nhi hai. Bolo

Avni: Meri hai. Please take Hazel with you. Agar tumhe koi problem na ho to

Sid: Nhi I am fine. Mein apne cabin mein le jaata hu isse. All the best for your meeting

Avu nodded. Sid picked up Hazel and took her to his cabin. Avu sat on her seat and her eyes fell on her pic with Akshit kept on her table. Tears rolled down her eyes which she was trying to stop. She cried silently. The break got over and Avni washed her face and went to the meeting. She finished her meetings while she was not really present there. She was thinking about Akshit. She went to her cabin and picked up her things and left for Sid's cabin. Sid was doing his work while Hazel was watching cartoons on his laptop and giggling. Sid was watching her from time to time and smiling at her. Avni took her and they bid bye to Sid and left. Sid knew there was something wrong with Avni.

Two days passed like this. Akshit was trying to talk to Avni but she was avoiding him. Avni didn't talk much to anyone just about work. Sid was worried for her. He even tried talking to Akshit but didn't get any satisfactory answer.

Presently, Avni was doing her work in her cabin. She went out to get coffee for herself. She saw Akshit talking to some colleague but she went without saying anything. But Akshit came behind her.

Akshit: Avni can I talk to you once, please?

She didn't reply and kept walking.

Akshit: I know I hurt you but at least we can talk once. Please. Just ek baar. Agar tumhe lagega ki mein galat hu I won't ever come in front of you. I promise. But ek baar baat to karlo. Please

Avni stopped and turned towards him.

Akshit: Can we talk?

Avni nodded.

Akshit: Thank you so much

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter