Chapter 36

After some time, it was lunchtime. Siddharth went to pick Hazel.

Sid picked her up and started driving.

Sid's P.O.V.

Ab isko kya hua? Rakhi ke vajah se sad hai?

P.O.V. ends

The whole drive was silent. Sid was silently observing her. On other days, she is full of herself but today, she wasn't excited nor she was singing her favourite poem. Sid sighed as they reached the office.

He took her in his cabin. He got her fresh and made her sit for lunch.

Sid: Kya hua baby ko?

Hazel: Sidoo bua sad sad.

Sid (smiling): Bua abhi sad nahi hai. Sidoo hai na. Sab theek kar diya.

Hazel nodded. Just then Akshit came to Sid's cabin.

Sid: Hi.

Akshit: Avni se mile? Vo theek hai na?

Sid: Haa... Meeting me jane se pehle aayi thi. She is fine. But someone is not.

Akshit gave him a confused look. Sid eyed towards Hazel. Akshit nodded.

Akshit: Hi baby.

Hazel: Hello.

She didn't seem excited like always.

Akshit: School me kya kiya Hazel baby ne aaj? Maza kiya?

Hazel nodded and took her school bag. She opened it. Sid and Akshit were looking at her. She took out a rakhi from her bag.

Hazel (forwarding Rakhi to Sid): Teater ne sikhi. (Teacher ne sikhai).

She said with a sad pout. Akshit and Sid looked at Rakhi.

Sid: Aapko pata hai ye kya hai?

Hazel took a photo from her bag. She forwarded it to Sid. Sid and Akshit saw the photo of Avni and Hazel tying rakhi on Abhi's wrist. Vaish was sitting with them.

Hazel: Bua and me papa ko aese kar rahe the.

She pointed towards the photo and rakhi, trying to explain they were tying rakhi on Abhi's wrist.

Akshit nodded and patted her head.

Hazel: Papa God ke pass hai. Hazel baby and bua aese nahi karege?

She asked as tears brimmed in her eyes, remembering her papa.

Sid: Hazel ke mumma, papa hamesha Hazel and bua ke sath hai. Papa and Mumma ko bilkul acha nahi lagta jab aese rote ho to.

He said wiping her tears. Hazel just nodded sadly.

Sid: Akshit chocolate leke aaye ho tum?

He asked Akshit, diverting the topic.

Akshit: Baap re main to bhul hi gaya.

Sid (dramatically): Haw! Ab meri princess kya khayegi?

Akshit: Hazel baby aaj chocolate nahi khayegi Sid. Hazel ko nahi chaye.

Hazel (glaring at Akshit): Chocy do.

She ordered. Sid silently took the photo and rakhi kept it back in her bag.

Sid: Choro Akshit uncle. Hazel ke liye Sidoo ke pass chocolates hai.

Hazel: Yes...

She giggles with excitement.

Sid: Haa to pehle lunch finish karo. Akshit join us for lunch.

Akshit: Acha okay. Main leke aaya lunch.

Hazel: Uncle chocy bhi.

Akshit: Vo bhi leke aau?

Hazel nodded giggling.

Sid: 2 chocolates? Bua gussa karegi. Phir bolegi Sidoo and Hazel ka milna band.

Hazel (showing her index finger): One?

Sid: Haa okay 1 chocy.

Akshit: Main aaya.

Sid nodded. Akshit left and came back with lunch after a few minutes.

They had lunch with casual talks and teasings.

After lunch

Sid made Hazel sleep. Akshit and Sid were sitting in Sid's cabin with their work.

Akshit: Ye dono rakhi ko leke bahut sad hai. Actually, they only know what is going on in their mind. Hazel to bachi hai mind divert ho gaya. Avni? Usko kitna hurt ho raha hoga.

Sid: Hmm... Hum hai Avni ke sath no doubt. But chah kar bhi bhai ki kami nahi puri kar sakte. Ye festival kitna special hoga uske liye. Aaj subah se kitni off hai. Bhai bhabhi ko bahut miss kar rahi hogi.

Akshit: Hum inko aese akele to nahi chor sakte. Kuch karna hoga. Kal Avni pura din roti rahegi.

Sid: Haa bhai. Vo roti rahegi aur usko dekh Hazel bhi. Dono me kisi ki health na affect ho. Bahut tough time hai inke liye.

Akshit: Meri meeting hai. Main chalta hoon. Tu soch, main bhi sochta hoon kya kar sakte hai. Jaise koi idea aaye ya aaya to karte hai discuss.

Sid: Haa... Main di se bhi baat karta hoon ghar jaa kar maybe unke pass koi idea mil jaye.

Akshit nodded. He went towards Hazel and pecked her forehead. Bidding bye to Sid, Akshit left for his work.

Sid saw Hazel and smiled seeing her sleeping peacefully with a pout, her soft and small hands fisted lightly.

He started working, glancing at her from time to time.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter