Chapter 14

After two days

Hazel was fine now. So, Avni decided to go to the office and send Hazel to school today.

These two days Sid used to visit Avni's home after the office. Yesterday, along with Sid, Akshit also came to meet Avni and Hazel.

Presently

Avni and Hazel got ready. After dropping Hazel off at school, Avni drove off to the office.

Akshit and Sid were already there waiting for Avni. As she reached there,

Sid: Good morning.

Akshit: Good morning Avni.

Avni: Morning boys.

Sid: Avni if lunchtime par Hazel ko pick karne jana hai to batana. I have an urgent meeting right now. So, will meet you guys later.

Avni: Okay bye...

Akshit waved his hand. Sid nodded and left.

Avni (hugging Akshit): I missed you.

Akshit (small smile): I missed you too.

As they broke the hug.

Akshit (holding Avni's hand): Listen... Can we go out for lunch today? Only you and me, please?

Avni: Yeah okay. I will ask Sid to be with Hazel for some time.

Akshit: Yaa.

Avni: Right now let's get to work. Tumhari meeting hogi na.

Akshit: Haan... Lunch ke liye milte hai.

Avni nodded and both left for their cabins.

Skip to lunch

Avni informed Sid and left for lunch with Akshit. Sid went to pick Hazel.

At lunch

After Ordering a meal, they sat having casual chit-chat.

Avni: Kuch kaam tha ya aese hi time spend karne ke liye plan kiya?

Akshit (nervously): Dono reasons.

Avni: Okay!! Tumhe treat bhi to deni hai project success ki.

Akshit: Yes...

Avni: Haan batao kya baat hai?

Just then order arrived. They started eating.

Akshit seemed nervous. He was least focused on food.

Akshit (sighed): Avni?

Avni: Haan?

Akshit: Mujhe tumse kuch baat karni thi.

Avni: To permission kyun le rahe ho? Bolo.

Akshit: It's about us.

Avni: Arey!! Ye kya tum ek ek line karke bol rahe ho? Suspense mein kyun maar rahe ho? Seedhe bolo.

He nodded and got quiet for a few seconds. Avni was waiting for him to speak.

Akshit: Avni umm... Actually main kuch soch raha tha bahut dino se.

He looked down and took a deep breath.

Akshit: Avni baat ye hai ke please don't get me wrong. Maybe according to you, I am selfish.

Avni (worried): Kya bolna hai seedhe bolo na Akshu.

Akshit (looking down): Avni I think we should separate our paths.

Avni: Matlab? Aese kyun bol rahe ho?

Akshit (took a deep breath and held Avni's hand): I am sorry Avni. But at this, we have feelings for each other. We are not dating for fun. Main nahi chahta ye feelings grow ho. Situations will be difficult for both of us.

Avni (teary eyes): Aese kyun bol rahe ho?

Akshit (cupping her face): Avii see I don't want you to choose anyone over Hazel. We all have someone or the other one in our lives. Even though you have me and Sid along with Hazel but Avni for Hazel have you only. She is too young and her life is fully dependent on you.

Avi: Haan to tumne ya kisi ne bhi kab bola to choose someone?

Akshit: Avni umm... I won't be able to help you with Hazel's responsibilities in future. I mean see if we are dating for some more time. We will wish to spend our whole life with each other and marry each other. As we will marry you, Hazel will also be part of my life. But Avni meri family accept nahi karegi. Of course, they won't like this. I don't want you to go through all this. She is the last sign of your bhai and bhabhi.

He bit his inner cheek to control his tears.

Akshit: Main humare liye apni family se bhi lad loon par sach bolu Avu... I am also not ready for the responsibility of a child. Aese nahi hai mujhe bache nahi pasand ya I will not plan in future. But plan bhi I guess I need 4-5 years at least.

He couldn't control his tears as tears roll down his eyes.

Akshit: Maine aese bhi socha ke what if Hazel mere bhai ki beti hoti to kya main uski responsibility nahi leta but Avni I realized maine kabhi bacho ke sath utna time spend hi nahi kiya. Meri family me baby hai hi nahi. Hazel and me milte bhi hai to 10-15 minutes max. Ye 10-15 minutes se humari bonding nahi ho sakegi. Also, Avni main chalo abhi bol bhi doon I will be with you and will take care of Hazel but Avi main promise nahi kar saka complete. To? Ye mere liye to sirf words honge but Hazel uske liye ek trust hoga.

Akshit: Main nahi chahta tumhari ya Hazel ki life me problem aaye. She has you only. I am not the perfect person jo uss bachi ko sambal sake. I am not ready for new responsibility. I would love to spend my life with my wife before planning a child.

Tears roll down from the eyes of both. Avni was shocked to even react. She was just looking at Akshit with tears in her eyes.

Avni held Akshit's hand and made him leave her.

Avni (fumbling): Ak.Akshit I. I have a meeting... Mujhe... jana... jana hai.

She took her bag and left without waiting for his answer.

Akshit wanted to stop her but he knew she needed some time. He sat there as fresh tears roll down her eyes.

Akshit: I am sorry Avni. I am sorry but apne pyaar ke liye main selfish ho kar uss bachi ki life nahi kharab kar sakta.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter