--

Came morning. She felt so refreshed and light. Her mood was much better.

Someone knock on her door before entering. There she saw her mother holding a tray of breakfast.

"How's your sleep?" She asked

"It's great. I feel so much better."

Her mother fixes her bed so she can eat breakfast. While eating the door opened and saw his father.

"You doing great?" He asked

"Yeah. I'm fine, dad."

They chat about little things while eating. After she finished her breakfast. The atmosphere began to be serious. Her mother held her hand.

"Sweetie, you always know that we'll support you whatever your decision is. That's how much we love you. And we can't have you being in pain."

Her mother started.

"Where is this going?"

"Alarice, do you want to go home?" His father asked

She looked at her parents' worried faces.

"What's this all of a sudden?"

"We know what happened. And we also know what our daughter might be feeling. If you can no longer handle it, we can take you home with us."her mother said

She shook her head. She really did made her parents worry. She sighed then forced a smile.

"Mom, Dad. I know you're worried but I'm really fine, here. This is not his first child anyway. I've already survived in here for the past years. It's because you raised me this strong that I am fine all these years. And I am still fine now. You know, I've been working on a project of giving further education for children living in poverty and arranging on how they'll get into big universities by scholarships. And it'll take time to convince the nobles and other politicians for this project. I want to help those people. I want this country to be like ours. Where status can be of little hindrance to your dreams. They deserve those things."

"But you don't deserve all these sacrifices!" Her father almost shouted

"I know. But this is our duty as royals, to be of service to those people. I'll go home in two years. I promise you, mom, dad."

"About your health. Using red roots. The one you use for contraception." Her mother was trembling

She now regret it a little. All her life, her parents treat her well like a fine jewel but she let others ruin her. She felt stupid.

"It's okay. I'll still live."

"No. Just please take this medicine. I opened the portal to the spirits and asks for the dragon fruit. It can restore your health little by little." Her mother said and put in her hands some candy like medicines

"Please, just please. If we cannot convince you to come home, just please take care of your health. Please come back to us in one piece." Her mother said holding her hand tightly.

She was a healer. That's the biggest reason this Empire wanted her. But she cannot heal herself. She can only heal others. And when she get sick, herbal medicines cannot heal her, only medicines from the spirit world can heal her.  There were times when she wonders if this implies that in this world her sole purpose was to give herself to others without having to receive.

"I promise to take care of myself mother. So please forgive this unfilial and stupid daughter of yours for making a bad decision." She said

Her mother just hugged her and his father just silently watched them.

She stayed for in her parents' villa. They catch up a lot and she get to rest for a long time. After several weeks she bid her parents and friends goodbye as they went to go back to their country.

After that she stays for a day in the villa before returning to the palace. When she was finally Infront of their office she felt like she was about to enter a battlefield.

She knocked on the door. "It's me Your Majesty." She said softly

She jolted when she heard crashing sound and heavy footsteps inside.

What was that?

Then the door was frantically opened. A towering man with golden blonde hair and ocean blue eyes meets her eyes. He looks so stressed and tired as if he haven't sleep properly for months. There were dark circles under her eyes and her blue eyes was a bit dull. And there was a dark bruise on his left cheek. He lost some weight and he isn't even wearing a proper attire befitting of his position.

Although, despite his appearance Alarice still can't help but admire this man's beauty.

"What's wrong Your Ma-" she didn't finished her sentence as she was cut off when Nicholas suddenly hugged her.

"I thought you're never coming back." He said as he tightened his grip that she find it hard to breathe.