SAMSARA [4]

Eventually, I woke up in the morning with one thought in my head. Man, for a break, yesterday was sure exhausting. Ironic sure is one way to describe it.

Anyway, I got out of my bed and lazily left the comforter the way it ended up. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair, among other things. I then went to my room closet and got out my clothes for the day, a simple dark gray shirt underneath a coal black unzipped hoodie with oceanic blue waves around it, paired with my gray belt, white pants and my black and white shoes. Perfect outfit, if I do say so myself, I thought.

I then went downstairs, bolting for the living room rather than the kitchen. There I sat on the couch and stared at the television displaying the recent news. I noticed Akaza sat down next to me with a similar choice of clothing, just in his trademark colors. "Hey man. You up to watching the news as well?"

"Yeah!" Akaza always has that energy, huh? Must be great for him.

For a while, the news displayed on the television is nothing more than recent buzz, then something catches our attention. The reporter, a feminine voice, speaks with excitement evident in her tone, "Just last afternoon at 16:31, we witnessed two brave young boys, who hail from Tempesta Defense Academy, defend Winflame City from the sudden invasion of two packs of fearsome Ulv'djevler. We counted in the footage at least eleven of those ghastly wolves! These two young boys Shirou and Akaza took them down by themselves."

"How do they know our names?" Akaza comments next to me. I shush him immediately and he sighs and leans back on the couch.

The unnamed reporter then continues again, with the television displaying our entire battle from several points of view. "We are grateful to those boys who came in and defended the citizens when local authorities could not. Reports say the trained soldiers who were supposed to be there in the city were stationed somewhere else and could not protect the people. Now onto recent weather reports, handing the mic over to you now.."

After that I stopped paying attention and looked over at Akaza. "Can you believe that? We were on the news, and the guards weren't even there at all in the first place.." I had started in a tone of disbelief, but near the end of my words it lowered into a disappointed mutter.

He only chuckles at me. "I'm sure they were the only Ulv'djevler that made it into the city at all, so the citizens are still safe as per usual. Though.." he trails off, which concerns me. I did not expect his next move to be him pulling out his holographic phone, but then he continues speaking, "We did get a schoolwide text from Professor Eraus, the headmaster. He says that the break has been cancelled due to the events the two of us were involved in yesterday, and by tomorrow, we are required to continue going to classes at TDA."

Well, that's unfortunate, I thought. "I was just getting used to relaxing, man. Oh well.. no rest for the wicked?"

"No rest for the wicked!" He grins at me and puts his holographic phone back in his pocket. "Better get ready, I suppose. Tomorrow's Thursday, which means our classes tomorrow are Ulv'djevel Combat and Battle Strategies."

"Those are easy subjects for me. For you.. I'm not so sure about that." I teasingly throw my words at him as I poke fun at his almost terrible knowledge.

"Agh, that's not true, you..!" He starts, angry, and he's lit up in flames. Predicted that.

"I'm kidding. Maybe." I grin.

"Whatever! I say today I'm going to be mostly snoozing off in the guest room and trying to stabilize myself to be ready for tomorrow's classes. Ugh." Akaza said, still angered.

Man. Get a grip on your decisions, Akaza.. I'm not really sure a guy like you could do both of those things at once. Ah, but whatever, I'm not one guy to judge. "I'll be outside then.. you know, doing something for once this week. Alone, though.."

I then watched as Akaza groaned as if he felt insulted by the fact he's not invited. Hey, I say he deserves a rest from me anyway. Plus the stuff I'm going to do outside wouldn't be the kind of thing he'd want to do.

"See you tomorrow man." I smiled at him with a knowing tone. I bet he's just going to be sleeping in, especially for all day today.

"See you.." he sighed almost pitifully as he walked up the stairs via dragging himself up on his two feet. I rolled my eyes jokingly and went up to my room to grab my sword. After that, I came back down the stairs and approached the door, shouting goodbye to my mother on the way out. Before I closed the front door, I heard my mother shout back, "Be safe! Your mother watches the news, too, you know!"

I rolled my eyes again for the second time today. I mean, I know my mother's just looking out for me. That's something she does. But, I'm pretty sure I can defend myself just fine.. weapon or no weapon. Actually, speaking of weapons, even after all these years I'm still surprised they now globally allow students of fighting schools worldwide to carry their weapons pretty much everywhere. Convenient, but weird. I'm just glad every government in Stormcrash mutually agrees on this and allows us to carry our trusty weapons. So, right now, I have my trusty sword Frost-Eater fastened on the left side of my belt. Honestly, most of my belts in my closet are customized by yours truly to be able to accommodate my sword. I must say, I'm simply a talented guy.

Actually.. nevermind that. In my pockets are my holographic phone and my wallet as well, since I figured I might need them. I always do. I suppose.

The streets are now filled with various citizens, though I suppose that's ironic considering yesterday's events. I suppose everything died down.. no puns intended, heh. I simply wander around for a while until I reach the place I've been aiming to go to.