7

suna pov - past

suna pov - past

I looked down at the boy on the ground who was shaking, nose bleeding, and curled up in pain. As I got ready to strike another punch, a boy stopped me. Slowly tilting my head back to see the boy who had stopped me, I frowned. He was short. Slightly long blonde hair, and candy in his mouth. I turned my head back to the boy that I was beating up, only to see that he had run away. 

"Name?" The short boy asked.

I ignored him, dusting myself off. 

"I'm Mikey, leader of Toman,"

I froze. "heh," I let out a breathy laugh. "Toman? Never heard of it,"

"Ne, why were you beating up that kid?" Mikey asked. 

"No clue," I responded monotone. 'I was bored'

"You shouldn't use your strength like that," Mikey said, tilting his head with a closed-eyed smile.

"Tch, Who do you think you are ordering me around?" I turned around to leave, only to be faced with the black dragons. I had beaten up one of their men, and basically half of the gang was after me. "Ah- shit-,"

"SUNA RINTARO!" One of them shouted out. I ran for it. When I looked back, my eyes went wide seeing Mikey put himself between me and the black dragons. 'Is he crazy? they are highschoolers!' 

"5 men ganging up on one guy? Not cool guys," Mikey said. The black dragons narrowed their eyes.

"And you are?" 

"Sano Manjiro, leader of Tokyo Manji Gang,"

It felt like slow motion, seeing his kick for the first time. His leg went up, and with that one man went down. It was like a piece of art. Soon, all 5 men were down, groaning on the ground, glaring up at Mikey, whose eyes were blank. I was frozen in shock. 

"So your name Suna Rintaro?" He said, looking back at me. He gave his closed-eye smile. "You should only use your strength to protect others Sunarin," My eyes went wide. 

"I'm going to follow you," I blurted out. "Let me in Toman, I'm going to be by your side forever," I wasn't sure what had gotten into me when I said that. But in that moment, I had meant it. 

--~~--~~--

I looked up at Mikey from the bottom of the shrine. He was standing in front of the shrine up the stairs, looking down at us. Draken and Y/N were always by his side. 

'damn draken, damn y/n'

I was now the 4th division's vice-captain, but that didn't mean that Mikey even paid attention to me or kept me in check. 

'I should be the one next to Mikey...'

I refused it, but I had grown an attachment to that small blonde boy. He was one of my first friends, ever.