5

y/n pov - past

y/n pov - past

"Mikey's birthday... It's in 2 days right?" You said, looking at baji. He nodded. 

"We should get him something... something he'll never be able to forget about!" Kazutora said, looking up. "Assuming we have the money,"

"..."

"..."

"C'mon you two can't be that broke-" Kazutora laughed. Then his laugh died out. "Are you being serious?" 

You dug your hands through all your pockets, desperate to find something. When you took your hand out, all you could see were a few coins. You sweatdropped. You looked over at Baji, to find him tilting his head at a single coin on his palm. 

"I-I swear I had more...." Baji said, looking away. 

a few days ago

'KEISUKUE! Kaa-san (mom) gave me some money !" You shouted, ringing his doorbell. "I know you have some money too, let's combine and buy some snacks!"

Baji came running down, with a little pink pouch in his hand. It was a My Melody (the pink Sanrio bunny) themed pouch. "I got my money n/n!" He said. 

"Pfft... KEI, WHAT IS THAT," You laughed, pointing at his pouch. "I didn't know you were into My Melody!" His face went red. 

"I couldn't find anything else," He muttered, looking away. You pat his back. 

"Don't worry, we are matching," You took out your Kuromi-themed pouch. You gave him a lazy grin. 

"You got me embarrassed over nothing!" He shouted, motioning a punch

"You got me embarrassed over nothing!" He shouted, motioning a punch. You laughed. 

"Stop being dramatic, race you to 7/11, looser pays more," You stuck your tongue out, and ran. 

And of course, Baji lost, and he ended up paying for most of the food. You two didn't realize the amount of money you two had spent. 

flashback end

"me too... I had more money... I wonder where it went..." You said, looking around. Kazutora sighed. 

"Maybe we can get him, like, dorayaki or something," Baji suggested.