49| Rumor Has It

Rumor has it that the first time you have sex after losing your virginity is one of the most memorable times.

I definitely agreed with that.

It wasn't that the first time wasn't amazing or magical, but it was painful. No matter how gentle Nathan tried to be. Last night, however, there was no pain at all when we slept together. Only passion and pleasure.

The way Nathan made love to me last night was different from the first time. It was like he had to have me right at that moment. He went even deeper inside me than before -- something I didn't think was possible. He kissed me like he was starved for me. And when he went down on me more times then I could count, I got that familiar feeling when I think he's staking his claim. Reassuring himself that I was his.

I was so glad that my parents were already asleep when he came through my window. The cherry on top was that they were heavy sleepers and didn't wake up during the night, either. Once Nathan and I were finished, he held me for a long time and just stroked my hair. When I finally asked him if he was okay, he explained to me what happened earlier that day in the quad.

And holy shit. Talk about bombshells. Trish and that friend of Nathan's were siblings. Well, I guess he wouldn't be called a friend anymore after everything that went down. I still couldn't believe that Brian had issue with me.

Nathan explained to me about how he said that Trish had feelings for Nathan and that he strung her along. Even I knew that wasn't true. Not only have I known Nathan almost my whole life and I knew he wasn't that guy, but I also knew Trish.

I've walked in the girl's locker room multiple times after school and found her coming out of a shower stall with some random guy. Not clothed, I might add. And a few times I overheard what was going on in there.

It didn't matter anyway. Even if she did end up developing feelings for Nathan, he never told her he wanted a relationship or anything more. So that wasn't his fault. In a way, I did understand her jealousy when it came to wanting Nathan. Still didn't excuse Brian acting that way, though.

After Nathan explained everything, I still felt like he was holding something back. When he finally told me that Brian started talking shit about me, I was even more surprised and frustrated. Whatever. I didn't care about Brian and Trish. Only Nathan. And after he told me everything, it explained why he made love to me the way he did. And it broke my heart a little because I didn't like him upset. And hearing Brian talk crap about me really upset him.

A sudden knock on my door had me jumping up in my bed. Shit. What time was it? I glanced at the clock.

8:43am.

Thankfully it was Sunday. And Nathan had already left a couple hours ago.

"Karma?" My mom's voice carried a concerned and suspicious tone. "Why is the door locked?"

Since I was still naked, I get out of bed and grabbed my robe before walking to the door and opening it.

"Sorry, mom. Just got up and I was in the middle of changing." Not really a lie.

She peered inside, obviously looking for signs that I was hiding a boy in here. But Nathan was a professional at making sure everything was just as it had been last night. He made sure my window was shut all the way and that he didn't leave anything behind.

My mom appeared satisfied and offered me a smile. "I came to tell you breakfast is ready."

Breakfast with my parents was a daily tradition here in the Fitzgerald house.

"Okay, thanks. I'll be there in just a few minutes."

Once she left, I walked back to my bed to make it up. That's when I saw a note sticking out from underneath the pillow that Nathan used.