3| Unofficial pillow fights

"Dayum," Harper drawled when we walked into her room at the condo. "Do you see the size of this room?"

I looked around the overly large space. There was a queen size bed in the middle of the room with a large window behind it. A black dresser/mirror combo was against the far left wall and matching desk on the opposite one. There was a small nightstand by the bed with a lamp and a pad of paper with a pen.

Lanie mentioned there was a surprise about the hotel, but I didn't except this. Honestly, as long as the beach was close by and the hotel had a pool, I was a happy girl.

"You aren't kiddin," I frowned and turned to Lanie who was standing behind me. "Do we really have separate rooms this time?"

The three of us used to share one room, usually with two beds and a pull out couch. Nothing like this. We never really complained about it. We were just grateful for these summer getaways. But the close quarters usually had us bickering quite often.

Lanie nodded as she stretched out on the white comforter that covered Harper's bed. "Yeah. Parents got some kind of deal with the owners and we got this baby. We all have our own rooms, but we share a bathroom."

Harper came out of her walk-in closet with a frown. "We have to share a bathroom? Okay, that may cause a few cat fights."

I chuckled. "Yeah, probably. Lanie likes to take forever when she showers."

Lanie was the queen of long showers. I remembered days where Harper and I would be at her house waiting for her to get ready to go to a movie or something, and Nate would be pounding on the bathroom door, yelling at her to hurry up because he had a Happy Meal to meet.

Okay, he didn't call them that. Just us.

"No, I don't!" She whined and pointed to Harper. "You're the one who stands in front of the mirror for hours doing your makeup."

Harper shamelessly shrugged her shoulders. "Guilty."

As Harper mooned over her new room, I walked over to the window and pushed it open. We were right on the water this time. I could hear the sound of waves crashing against the shore from here. Even the annoying call of the seagulls. I closed my eyes and breathed in the smell of the salt on the wind.

It sounded so relaxing out there. With everything I was dealing with back in New York, I was more grateful than usual to be here. I needed this. I needed my girls and I needed to spend some time not dreading the choices I was going to have to make.

"Karma? Did you hear me?"

I turned to Lanie. "I'm sorry, no. What did you say?"

She waved me over with her hand. "Come with me and I'll show you where you're sleeping."

 I shut Harper's window before stalking across the room to follow Lanie. She led me down a long hallway before pausing in front of a closed door.

"This is you," She said, turning the handle and pushing it open. "Unfortunately, yours is right next to Nate's. Don't yell at me. I didn't assign the rooms."

I chuckled and shifted my duffle bag on my shoulder. "Don't worry about it, Lanie. It's fine."

"Whatever. Just don't come crying to me when you hear him on the phone all hours of the night talking to girls."

"I won't." I glanced around the hallway. "Where's your room?"

She pointed in the direction we came from. "It's next to Harper's. Anyway, I'm gonna go get unpacked. My mom wants us to be in the kitchen in an hour for dinner."