Prologue

"I don't care about pain anymore. More important than pain is this impulse that's rising within me. I feel there is something violent, boiling up from within."

-Guts (Berserk)

America

When I was a child, I used to have a parent where they were kind and always there for me till then the accident where I survived while my mother and father didn't. After their death, I ended up living with my uncle who is a detective and expert of gambling.

Every night, I can't sleep as I keep having nightmares about my accident including my parents death. It's been like fear coming to me since then.

At least, I have some friends who I consider family during my childhood. We were bunches of trouble makers but we have a good memory and are still friends with them since then.

When I hit my early teens, me and my friends began to take martial arts training with my uncle as I wanted to defend myself. It's a lot of training as I have been practicing a lot to become a master. It changed everything as I ended up risking where my "luck" came to me. I was helping this pregnant lady who was being harassed by a group of thugs. My action almost may cost my life as I was stabbed but I still survived no matter what. I developed some street fighting when I fight dirty, but then I have to learn to fight fair.

Without my uncle knowing, I got involved with some underground fighting as my curiosity . I wanted to fight without knowing the consequences such as I almost got stabbed, fought with injuries, been shot, and poisoned where some idiots threw snakes at me. God, how have I survived all of that? Maybe I'm just unlucky or cursed. With this, I received a few scars in my arms after that.

With this feeling, it's like I'm used to it...

Before I made it to high school, I practiced gambling for fun as my uncle was happy to teach me such as Poker, Blackjack, Roulette... you name it. At some time, I was learning to understand other games around the world such as Mahjong, Shogi, or any games. I did this to spend time with him so that I don't want to think that I'm involved with trouble.

When I became a high school student, my friends and I were involved with fighting some gangs from underworlds after the death of one of my friend's relatives. My hometown has a high crime rate where we're risking our life because I got "lucky" with these situations.. That's how my nickname "The Man with No Fear" begins as everyone from gangs knows me. I'm no delinquent, but I did it to protect the weak as I want to be a detective in the future.

Secretly, I have experienced firearms during my hunting time with my uncle. At the time, I received the "special" knife that once belonged to my grandfather during his service in Vietnam. Ever since, I read my grandfather's journal while learning to do his technique during his training. This knife is very special to me as I always cherish this as part of my family generation.

On the night where me and uncle usually played cards, I met a Japanese detective who he transferred from Japan to paired up with my uncle. His name is Detective Amamiya looked in his late 20s. He seemed to be friendly. He told me about his cousin who is in school in Japan. However, Amamiya is impressed with my gambling skill. I ended up beating Amamiya with my strategy that my uncle once taught me.

On the day of the school in America, Warren Williams got called in by the principal where Warren was selected by an exchange program where he signed up before. He was informed that he will go to Japan to attend this school as the principal thinks he is a good fit.

- ------------------------------

At home

Warren went home where his uncle and Amamiya were doing the case reading before they greeted him.

"I'm home." Warren said.

"I received a call from your school. Is it true that you're transferring to Japan?" Warren's uncle asked.

"Yeah," Warren replied.

"That's good. I'm very proud of you. If that's what you want, then I'll support you" Warren's uncle smiled.

"Thanks," Warren replied, with a small smile.

"That's impressive, Warren-san," Amayima said with a smile. "Congratulations. What school did you transfer to?"

Warren handed the paper to Amayima if he knew about this school. With his reaction, he was surprised and shocked at the same. This made Warren's uncle look curious with Amayima' reaction. Warren wondered if this is a good thing or bad thing based on his reaction.