Part 26

𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫:

𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞, 𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑:

Mother nature had slowed down on her reign of terror, she had finally granted Australian's with an escape from the wind and the rain and Heidi couldn't help but smile.

As much as she loved Maroubra and Bondi, being away was like an escape from reality.

Scrolling through Instagram on her phone, shaking her head at the posts made by the Formula One Instagram page, the team pages and the drivers pages she had finally got herself up to speed on what had happened during the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix. She had understood the last race a little bit more than the first considering she had been sat in Daniel Ricciardo's living room as it played on the tv screen mounted to the wall and she was over the moon for Francesca.

Oscar had told her very briefly of the whole Red Bull/Ferrari drama of the year before with the drivers leading the championship and whilst she didn't properly understand it all, she knew that Francesca deserved the championship this year.

The smile on her lips was soft, blue light glasses on her face once again to try and rid herself of the building headache behind her temples. Her blonde hair was splayed out across the sofa and the house was utterly silent except for the hum of the coffee machine in the kitchen.

For the last two weeks before travelling to Melbourne from Sydney, Heidi had been making plans with Daniel Ricciardo and Oscar Piastri. She was closer with both Aussie men than ever and flown out to Melbourne to watch the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix in the company of Daniel, she had been in the city since the Monday before spending time messing about with the older Australian man. The Monday following the race, the two spent their day wandering around the city. Oscar had flown home instead of going to England with Francesca Lewis and Lando Norris like intended and on the Tuesday morning, Heidi moved from staying with Daniel to staying with the Australian McLaren driver.

"You making coffee?" She asks softly, sitting up from her position of laying down.

"You want one?" The male voices asks back.

"Please."

She lifted her glasses onto the top of her head, throwing her hair over her shoulder as she looked towards the man in the kitchen who had his back to her as he grabbed another mug from the cabinet.

When he turned back around, her eyes were already on him.

"Salted Caramel?"

"You know me so well."

A soft laugh fell from her lips. She had no idea why Oscar Piastri knew her favourite type of coffee or why he had the pods for the coffee machine in his kitchen.

What a strange man...

Heidi stood up from her position, tucking her phone into the waistband of her leggings as her socked feet padded across the hardwood floors towards the brunette in the kitchen. She stopped next to him and leant against the counter, watching as he pushed the cup of coffee her way before he looked up from the coffee machine and to her face.

There was something unspoken between the two of them and Heidi didn't know what it was.

She teasingly fluttered her eyelashes in his direction before lifting the cup to her lips.

Grinning to himself, Oscar plucked the glasses from the top of her head, trying not to laugh at the noise of annoyance that she made as her hair flopped into her eyes and she used a hand to scoop it back, coffee now back on the counter. Heidi watched with an eyebrow raised as Oscar placed the glasses onto his face and proceeded to make his coffee like nothing was wrong.