Part 14

𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡, 𝐒𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑:

"I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU!
BUT I'M FEELING 22!"

Heidi shone bright red as the song was blasted through the radio in the tower with the lifeguards all singing as she walked through the door.

"EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IF, YOU KEEP ME NEXT TO YOU!"

Hoppo grinned from where he stood by the stairs, watching as Whippet and Chappo walked over to Heidi singing loudly to the Taylor Swift song. Chappo pinned a birthday badge to Heidi's shirt before Whippet placed a small golden tiara on her head.

"EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IF WE KEEP DANCING LIKE WERE TWENTY-TWO!"

She was paraded up the stairs, red in the face, laughing and unable to stop smiling.

A few small presents from the boys were laid out on the desk inside the tower, the wrapping absolutely atrocious in classic Bondi Beach fashion.

As the song came to an end, someone restarted it and turned the volume up even more, Harries then began to dance around Heidi like a mad man as he sung along.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTTY!" Harries cheers.

"I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU!
BUT I'M FEELING 22!"

As the song continued, Heidi hid her face in her hands as she got even redder.

Before Heidi could even say anything, the tower door burst open and the song was restarted once again. The shouting voices got louder as more and more lifeguards turned up from the changing rooms, screaming Taylor Swift and running to Heidi.

A birthday girl ribbon was draped over her shoulders and she was grabbed by Harrison who started spinning around with her, laughing and giggling as he did so.

When Harrison stopped spinning her around, Jake begun dramatically shouting about her birthday for all to hear and see.

The sun was shining and everything was perfect.

When the song ended for the third time, Heidi was sat down in a chair and spun around to face the grinning boys. Her smile was wide as they all stopped dancing and smirked at their performance.

Heidi dramatically clapped, pretending that she was in a concert before Harries danced his way out onto the deck of the tower with a megaphone and began screaming the lyrics down it and out to all the people on the beach.

"Oh my god." Heidi mutters, head in her hands.

"Happy birthday, Scotty." Whippet laughs.

"Thanks boys." She grins.

"We've got more in store for you today, don't you worry." Chappo smirks.

"Great." Heidi mutters.

She knew that her birthday was always a big thing down at Bondi, in the past, she had never really liked celebrating the day she was born and it had never really been a big thing even though Koby, Jesse and the Bra Boys had tried to make it big.

Ever since she'd joined the lifeguard service, the boys had always made sure to make her enjoy the day as much as possible.

Even if that meant making a fool out of themselves.

Reidy had once trailed a banner behind him on the jetski for all to see.

Harries had decorated inside and outside of the tower that same day as well.