Part 4

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐚, 𝐒𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐:

Heidi Scott smiled at her godfather as he stood in the doorway of her apartment.

Her bedroom was a mess of different clothes and shoes and the bed held an empty suitcase that she was meant to be filling but had gotten way to distracted by her phone, the music she'd been playing and Jesse - who was not being much help.

"And what happened to packing?" Koby Abberton asks, a smile on his face.

Looking around the mess of a room, Heidi grinned sheepishly whilst rubbing the back of her neck.

"She got distracted." Jesse's voice echoes.

"And I bet that you weren't much help either, Jess." Koby laughs.

"Nah, I was just chilling on the bed." Jesse shrugs his shoulders.

When Koby turned around to give Jesse a look, the brunette struggled to hold in his laughter as Heidi pulled a face at him and stuck up her middle finger in his direction. Seeing the look on Jesse's face, Koby snapped back around, but Heidi had managed to stop what she was doing and had begun collecting her clothes off of the floor of her bedroom.

"You got your board ready?" Koby questions.

"In the living room." Heidi says.

Jesse walked into the room and retook his seat on the bed, this time however, he didn't take the clothes she was supposed to be packing out of the suitcase and decide to throw them at her unlike how he'd been doing before, which meant that he also wasn't having clothes thrown back at him in retaliation.

"You gotta leave tomorrow, Heids. You better be ready." Koby says.

"I will be, don't worry." Heidi grins.

"She is the queen of last minute packing!" Jesse calls out. "She does it all the time!"

As Koby shouted his goodbyes until the next morning, Heidi turned to Jesse and threw a pillow in his direction which she'd grabbed off of the floor where it had landed after Jesse had thrown it at her.

"What was that for!?" Jesse asks, throwing the pillow back at her.

"For being annoying." Heidi replies. "I'd be nearly finished by now if it weren't for you being childish."

Grinning cheekily, Jesse caught the pillow when Heidi threw it back at him and placed it back where it had been when he'd thrown it first earlier that day.

Music filled the air from Heidi's Alexa that she kept on her bedside table, humming along to whatever song played as Jesse laughed at her from where he sat.

Eventually, Heidi finished her packing and placed the suitcase out in the living room with her packed up surfboard. She made sure that her infamous grey hoodie was left out with her shorts she would be wearing to the airport the next morning before she sat on the bed opposite Jesse with her knees pulled up to her chest.

"Catch some waves for me, yeah?" Jesse asks.

"I still don't know why you're not coming with me." Heidi replies. "Its not like you do a lot anyways."

"You do realise that you have to do things by yourself, Goldie." Jesse says, eyebrows raised.

"But why do things by yourself when you can do them with other people?"

"Oh you'll be fine." He laughs. "And I'm only a phone call away."

"That's to far though."

Jesse moved from his position and dragged Heidi to sit next to him, the twenty-one year old leant her head against his shoulder as he placed his arm around her shoulders.