Part 22

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐚, 𝐒𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑:

"I hate the winter!"

Heidi Scott groans loudly as she walks through the front door of her brothers house.

"I know you do!" Jesse's voice calls back.

"Stupid fucking cold weather and wind, kindly fuck right off!"

Jesse always found his sisters rants about the weather the second summer turned to winter amusing. Everything that Heidi did the second winter arrived tended to make him laugh but as Heidi grumbled to herself whilst removing her shoes and tying her hair back to get it out of her face, he couldn't bring himself to give a laugh or even a smile.

"Alright, what's wrong dickhead?" Heidi asks.

"Nothing." Jesse replies.

"Nothing my arse." Heidi says. "Normally your laughing at my weather rants or telling me to suck it up and be adult about it - yet this time, nothing. So something is clearly wrong."

"Seriously-"

"Ah, no." Heidi cuts him off, putting one finger up. "Don't give me that shit."

Jesse rolled his eyes at her before she lowered her finger and gestured for him to speak.

"Nothing is wrong." He sighs.

"Mhm, I call bullshit." Heidi replies. "And I don't call bullshit a lot."

"Your favourite thing to say is literally I call bullshit." Jesse deadpans.

"Well people are stupid and lack common sense." She shrugs. "Oi! Do not turn this conversation to me, spill the beans about why your being a fucking wench."

"You really have a way with words that makes me want to tell you my deepest darkest secrets, Goldilocks." Jesse cracks a smile.

"I know your deepest darkest secrets, so shut up, stop procrastinating and spill the tea."

Heidi folds her arms across her chest, staring her brother down as he refused to make eye contact with her or even glance up from his phone screen. She let out a groan of frustration at his stubbornness before dropping her forehead onto his shoulder for dramatic effect.

"Jesseeeeeee!" She whines. "Just tell me."

"No." He replies back simply.

"1 to 10?" She asks.

"Solid 7." He says.

"Rough idea?"

"People are fucking annoying and I hate them all."

"Preach it." Heidi laughs only to receive another deadpan look in return. "Right, sad Jesse, sorry wrong time for that."

She awkwardly scratches the back of her neck before resting her elbow on the back of the sofa and her head against her palm. Jesse still did not make a move to open his mouth or turn back in his direction, instead, he scrolled through his phone with the brightness so low Heidi wasn't able to see the screen.

"I swear to god if your reading hate comments again- JESSE POLOCK!"

Heidi jumped forwards and snatched the device from his hand, Jesse made a move to grab it back but Heidi held him away with one arm whilst the other turned his brightness up on his phone and scrolled through what he'd been caught reading.

"Jesse shouldn't be allowed to open his mouth after what he's done - delete."

"Delete, what the fuck I'm not even reading that, rude skanky little bitch."