Part 3

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡, 𝐒𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐:

"Professional surfer: Heidi Scott for you ladies and gentlemen!"

Wrinkling her nose in distaste as Harries threw his arm around her shoulders when she walked through the door to the tower, Heidi reached up to smack the man on the shoulder and duck out from underneath his arm which was securely on her shoulders.

"Oh come on! You've been gone for half the year, mate!" Reidy chuckles.

"Fortunately for me." She states. "You're all acting like I've been gone for three years man!"

"But we haven't seen you in ages!" Reidy says.

"Oh please! I was down here surfing all the time!" She gasps.

"But you weren't working!" Harries adds. "You'd surf and then go disappear off to some cliff party in Maroubra!"

"In classic Bra Boy fashion." Reidy continues.

Heidi raises her eyebrows at the two dramatic men before shaking her head and continuing on her way into the tower.

Whippet and Jake were already up top, laughing at the words they could hear echoing from below and instead of the dramatic welcome back she got from Harries and Reidy, Whippet gave her a high five before she lent on the back of his chair.

"Your not even going to say anything?" Harries asks.

"What is there to say? You already said it all for me." She grins. "As per usual."

"Its good to have you back, Scotty." Whippet laughs.

"At least someone appreciates me." She grumbles.

"We do appreciate you!" Reidy gasps. "No offence to anyone in here, but your the best lifeguard of us all!"

"Do you know how many people Reidy nearly let drown at the end of last summer!?" Jake questions.

"That is not true!" Reidy shouts.

"Yeah because we know that Reidy is the most unreliable lifeguard of us all." Heidi grins.

It was almost like she hadn't left, Heidi slipped right back through the cracks and into the gap her departure had left at the end of the previous summer when the surfing season had fallen back into full swing.

It was a whole lot different compared her disappearance back in 2019 - when she had gone off the radio for three months.

Of course, her sudden disappearance from the show the in 2019 after being a Bondi lifeguard for two years in a row and a regular face since 2011 was very much talked about. But none of the lifeguards actually knew what had caused her to suddenly drop off the face of the earth.

That was a secret held between Heidi, Koby and Jesse.

"We do love you really, Reidy." Heidi laughs.