Chapter 22: Monkeying Around

(Before I start, I want to ask you guys, what do you want to see during the sleepover? I have very little planned out and would like to know your thoughts. Please and thank you!♥️)
🐵🧒💛🐵🧒💛🐵🧒💛🐵🧒💛🐵🧒💛

You jumped and dodged each attack thrown at you, then ran when you could. Right now, Macaque was teaching you a bit of defense. And Wukong was chasing Macaque, angry that both he wasn't included in the planning and that Macaque wasn't going easy on you.

To be fair, Macaque did point out that Wukong goes too easy on you. So he claimed that while his training may seem harder, it's just because Wukong was going easy.

You panted as you ran, sweat crowning your brow.  Today was supposed to be a basic spar, but once Monkey King started to chase Macaque around, it turned into a stamina experience. Macaque would chase you and fight you a bit while retreating from the angered king. And Sun Wukong would chase and fight him as the warrior retreated. All while you ran from the trail of destruction the two left in their wake.

There would be the occasional time where you'd try to use your monkey form and travel faster by tree, but it just wasn't working how and when you wanted it to. Your frustration only grew as your endurance shrunk.

You tripped over a rock and splashed into a rather cool river. You shivered as you exited it, then, upon hearing a crashing noise not far behind you, you started to run again. The coolness of the water had woken you up, a lot. But as the cold continued to cling to you, it started to tire you out.

You continued running forward, now aiming to reach the small cottage in the mountain. Hopefully you can change your clothes there and rest for a bit. Macaque hasn't been able to attack you recently, so, hopefully, that means he forgot about you for the moment. You reached the top of a hill and stopped to locate the water curtain cave.

"Gotcha!" Macaque exclaimed as he pounced on you.

You yelped in surprise, then the two of you tumbled down the hill. You felt a surge of déjà vu as the two of you rolled. Your eyes widened in panic and fear as the memory flashed through your head. It felt like your throat tightened again as tears built up in your eyes.

You kicked Macaque off of you and sprawled across the grass. You started to curl up into a ball, but stopped as a different memory flashed. The tears started to fall and you started to tremble.

Macaque and Wukong, who had now caught up, again, wrestled around the trees. They growled at each other as they fought, until Macaque paused. Wukong took this pause as a moment to strike and kicked him in the chest.

Macaque grunted from the impact and stumbled a good distance back. But instead of returning to strike back, Macaque turned his head towards your direction. Wukong saw Macaques ears twitch as he listened.

Macaque disappeared through his shadows, and Wukong bolted in the direction he saw Macaque glance. When Wukong stopped, déjà vu struck him as he watched the scene. He swiftly shook his head to wipe out the memory that tried to resurface, and walked over.

Wukong, much to Macaques surprise, grabbed both siblings and hugged them. As the three of you hugged, Wukong carefully guided both yours and Macaques heads to his chest and started to comb your hair. Macaque, thoroughly confused now, decided to use his shadows and bring the three of you to the cottage.

Wukong let go of Macaque as the dark simian left to grab a few blankets. The golden simian, however, continued to brush through your hair, slowly calming you down. Macaque returned with blankets, laid them out to mimic a monkey nest, then let Wukong bring you into it.

I suppose you could say that their monkey instincts took over as they now cuddled with you and "groomed" you. "It's okay, starshine. We got you." Wukong cooed soothingly to you. Your tears has stopped by now and exhaustion tugged at your body. You sighed, calmly, and drifted off to sleep.

The two monkeys waited in silence for a bit before whispering a conversation. Macaque asked Wukong a few questions about what happened to get clued in on why what happened happened, and Wukong answered truthfully, for once. Then Wukong asked Macaque a few questions, and he received the same.

The whispered conversation continued until they themselves started to fall asleep.

Oh, boy! The next day and next thing you knew, you received a text from Mei, Lady Iron Fan, MK, Ne Zha, Tang, DBK,  Pigsy, Red Son, and Sandy. All of which had about the same thing in it. Somehow at sometime, the WHOLE GROUP came by and took pictures of you and your brothers sleepy, cuddling monkey pile.

Mei even had an actual video she took and shared with you. The video contained similar contents to the pictures but also included sounds. As you played it, you could hear some soft giggling and whispers then some loud snoring from Wukong!

Wukong was sprawled out like a gingerbread man snoring loudly! Macaque was curled up by Wukong purring?! Then there was you, squeezed  in-between the two monkeys, muttering nonsense and randomly chirping.

You grinned and blushed at the recording. Grinning because it was cute, and blushing because it was embarrassing.

"What are you smiling at?" Macaque asked before swiping your phone.

"Macaque, no!" You reached for your phone. He played "keep-away" while looking at the screen.

"Who sent you this?" He asked you before reading the name at the top of the screen.

You reached once more for your phone only for him to dodge you, keeping your phone out of reach still. The dark monkey frowned then disappeared through a shadow portal. You started to worry for your friend Mei.

"WHAT!?" You heard Sun Wukong shout.

Your worry grew. Tonight was the sleepover, and Mei was going to be in big trouble. You just hoped, and prayed to every deity you knew of, that your brothers wouldn't kill that girl in her sleep.

(Hello! Yes, I'm stalling the sleepover. Why, it's because I have no clue what kind of "truth or dare"s to do.😅 Please let me know if you want a specific dare or something, because I need ideas. All my ideas for dares or truths are rather lame. And my family doesn't really care, so... Please help me. Thank you in advance! Love you!♥️)