Chapter 5: Her Plan

Macaque walked around in the sand, searching for something, or someone. He pulled out a strange circular item, opened it, and looked. He glared at the devise, hating the memory that came along with it.

(Flashback!)

Macaque was thrown threw a portal by the fake mayor. Macaque lunged at the mayor, but he disappeared before Macaque could do much. He felt a presence behind him. He turned. There was the staff, covered in ice, and the city, also covered in ice. "The staff? The city?! You've been busy!" He told Lbd.

He was extremely nervous, but he'd never admit it. He hoped to never meet her again when he returned, yet , here he is. A prisoner, a paun, a slave. "Tell me. What madness overcame you that you would forsake your oath? When did you decide to betray me?" The Lady Bone Demon asked her trick question.

"Listen, Lady Bone Demon, I-" Macaque was cut off by the evil demon. "Have you forgotten who I am? What I am? I, who returned you to the mortal plain? All in exchange for such a little favor. That when the time came, you'd free me, aid in my pursuit for equilibrium! But, no. At the first breath of a new life, you rebelled against your fate! Fool!"

Macaque fell from the pain Lbd inflicted on him. "So, you want somethin' ." Macaque sarcastically guessed. "I offer one chance of redemption. Bring me the Monkey King, his protégé, and the stranger to this realm, and, perhaps, you'll be worthy of my mercy." Lbd declared.

"Stranger to this realm?" The dark simian asked for clarification. "Just ask if she's new here, her expression should answer." Lbd then gave Macaque the circular device. "And this is?" Macaque asked. "A compass, of sorts. No matter where they flee, this will find them."

"Convenient. All righty, then. Looks like they got a bit of headway, so~" Macaque was cut off, again, when icy, ghostly blue chains grabbed him. "Ugh! What is this?!" Macaque growled. "A reminder. It seems like you can't be trusted to willing follow the path of destiny. But know this, if you betray me again, one miss step, one failure in any way! I will erase the very memory of you. Now, bring them to me, my champion."

(End of flashback)

Macaque closed the compass, and continued in the direction it pointed. Who should I catch first? MK would be a little easier than the King, but the girl... She knows more than she lets on. Maybe...

--e--l--s--e--w--h--e--r--e--

You helped the group the best you could that day, but it was hard with the thoughts you had. You were still wondering why Lbd wanted you. You also couldn't stop thinking about MK! But at any day, the car clone could show up! It's been three days of camping in wooded areas, since the last episode happened.

You put a chair in the back of the TEA then went over to check on MK. You two weren't anything more than friends with known crushes on each other. But is that all you'll ever be? You shook the thought out of your head. You didn't need to think about that.

"Hey, MK, Mei, Sandy. Are you guys ready to go?" You asked the three. "Ugh! I can't do it! My powers don't work!" MK yelled in frustration. Clearly they didn't hear you, so you decided to sneak up on Mei. "Maybe you should take a break, MK." Mei suggested.

"No. If we're going to beat the Lady Bone Demon, I need-" MK paused when he saw you sneaking up, behind Mei. MK's face, twitched. He was trying hard to hide a smile. "Need...?" Mei prodded MK to finish his sentence.

"Hey Mei!" You said from directly behind her. She jumped high, then landed behind MK, her sword ready to strike! MK cracked up, and fell to the ground in a laughing fit. Sandy started laughing too! You soon joined in the laughter, bending over to stay standing.