Chapter 4: Truths and Fears

The next day was WAY TOO HOT!!! Everyone one was trying to find some way to cool off. Sun Wukong was meditating, while Mei and MK lay on the ground. Pigsy was reclined on a chair, and you were laying across one of the bottom bunks of the bunk beds. Sandy was driving, and Tang had the map in his hands.

"Heads up MK. Be careful what you bet." You randomly tell the sweaty boy. "Huh?" He glanced at you from the floor. "How did anyone get anywhere using these!" Mei yelled. "Yo, blue thing. You wanna crank up the AC, brother?" Wukong asked Sandy.

"Want to help us out, Wukong? It'd get the AC working faster." You tempted. "Hm... Tempting, but can't." Wukong said. "WHAT! WHY NOT!?!" You blurted. "Yeah!" Mei added. "Guys, Monkey King needs to recharge after his fight with Me Zha. He's in no state to mess with mere mortals, especially now I don't have my powers." MK said matter-of-factly. "Oh, no." You mumbled and facepalmed.

"What?! He told you that?" Pigsy asked, surprised that the Monkey King would be so blunt. "We have a very honest relationship, Pigsy." MK answered. "In that case... would you like to know more about my world?" You offered. MK perked up at that, and Mei swiftly sat beside MK. Pigsy sat up, confused. "Wait what do you mean 'your world'?" He asked.

"Sooo~ long story short. I'm not from here. Like at all. I'm not even from another realm here! I'm from somewhere else, where- I'm gonna skip that detail. But I know more than any of you here." You said the last part in a way that you hoped annoyed the golden simian, to an extent. Goal achieved. The Great Sage is now frowning. Time for mental victory dance.

"Pfft. There's no one here that knows more than the Monkey King!" Tang denied. That comment "sunk your boat". "Believe what you like, Tang. Believe what you like." You said, shrugging it off.

You opened your mouth to say more, but the car jerked to a stop! Everyone hopped out of the car and into the blazing sun. "H2-OMG guys! Is that-" "WATER!!!" Everyone ran to the location that Tang pointed out. Except for Sandy, Sun, and you. Sandy was working on the engine, while Wukong was still meditating.

You sat next to the Great Sage. "MK going to get a power back." You tell him. "His golden eyes of truth." Wukong cocks an eyebrow at you while staying quiet with his eyes still closed. "I know why she wants you and MK. I also know why Macaque is working for her. But..." You paused and looked at the Monkey King hoping he was still listening.

"But Macaque said I was a target. Why does she want me? I literally just arrived here a few days ago! How does she know about me?! What do I have that she's after? I-" your voice cracked. "I'm not important. I shouldn't be here!" You hugged your legs and buried your face in your knees.

You could feel tears starting to form. You don't know how long you sat there freaked out. But when you looked up, there was MK reaching a hand out to place on your shoulder. "You okay?" He asked concerned.

You wiped away a few stray tears that apparently fell. "Y-yeah. Just, a little scared." You answered, embarrassed. He sat beside you and calmly spoke "Hey. It's okay. Honestly, I'm a little scared, too! I mean, I know you know more than me, but that doesn't stop me from worrying a bit."

You looked at him. "You trust me that much?" You asked with a small smile. "Wow. What did I do to get an awesome friend like you within four days?" You jokingly asked. "Well. You hung out with me, despite knowing the consequences. You were honest, when I asked you a few questions. Your fun to hang around. And really REALLY pretty. And-"

"Wait. You think I'm pretty?" You interrupted him, surprised. His face went bright pink at being caught. "Uh. Um. Did I say that? Ha ha! I don't think I did! Though if I did, it wouldn't be a lie!" MK facepalmed at the last comment he made. "I'm just digging a bigger hole for myself, aren't I?" He asked.

You couldn't hear him, though. You were blushing so hard, and thinking to yourself! MK THINKS I'M PRETTY!!! GGAAAAHHHHH!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! ME!! OF ALL THE BEINGS IN THIS WORLD!! OF ALL THE GIRLS IN THIS WORLD!!!

"You two love birds coming, or what?!" Mei hollered from the fixed and upgraded TEA. MK glared at her, then patted your shoulder, snapping you out of your thoughts. You looked at him and blushed to a dark shade of pink. He blushed too.

He looked away and slowly grabbed your hand. He then helped you stand and walked you to the TEA, still looking away. You looked away as well, blushing just as much. "Sooo~" Mei said while lifting and lowering one her eyebrows at a time, and switching it back and forth. "No." You pushed Mei's face away.

"Wait. How'd you get your gold vision back, again?" Mei asked, once everyone sat down I'm the Air Conditioned car. "I don't know. The same way I got them the first time, I guess. Every time I learned a new ability, it was because there was something I needed to do, when there was no other way. Against the goldfish guy, I needed to do something to save my friends." MK tried to explain.

"Yeah, friends you put in danger, on purpose!" Pigsy stated. "Yeah, right. Like I said, save my friends. And, then, I don't know, it just happened." MK finished. "You found your strength..." Monkey King said, now finished with his meditating. "When you needed it most." He told MK.

"Oh, I guess someone's done meditating!" Mei teased the gold simian. "This whole time, I thought my powers came from the staff." MK said confused. "The staff's just a big ol' stick, bud. It takes someone special to lift it." Wukong told MK.

"Unfortunately, everyone else here already knew that, while it took a staff to prove it to yourself." You teased MK. He blushed at your comment. You seeing him blush, unfortunately, got you blushing too.

"Did I miss something?" Wukong asked, confused. "Just some lovey-dovey, love birds crushing on each other." Mei explained to the Great Sage. "MEI!!!" You and MK simultaneously yelled at the girl.

Everyone laughed as Sandy drove the car towards the setting sun on the horizon.

(1113 words! Woohoo!!🎉)