24. Escape From Isla Nublar

Start from the beginning

I laugh with her, loving the pretty smile on her face as her mouth stretches into a beaming smile.

Maybe I've been staring at her a bit oddly, because she tilts her head in confusion. "Earth to Ben!"

I shake my head and snap my gaze away.

Y/N frowns and shrugs. "Come on. We better get a move on"

[Caleb POV]

Kenji stares at the dock.

(engine rumbles)

He pulls on a handle and docks the boat. We hop out of it, in search of
Y/N and Ben.

I hope they're still alive.

Only a stegosaurus is here.

"No Scorpios."

"Yet."

Sammy climbs up the stairs. "Oh my gosh! Guys!"

We run up after her.

What we see makes us horrified.

A broken black limousine leans against the large tree.

"Oh no. Ben and Y/N."

Darius turns around and gasps. "Look! They got away!"

Two pairs of footsteps wind into the jungle.

[Ben POV]

We run through the forest.

"You think they're coming this way?"

"Given our luck?"

"Right. Let's move faster."

The ground shakes heavily.

"Run!"

"But where?!"

"I don't know!"

We start running as a herd of brachiosauruses stomp by. I wind through their legs and get separated from Y/N. When I look back, she is laying on the floor, with her hands over her head, which has no more captain's hat.

I pull her to safety, and she whimpers.
Shakily, she sits up and looks around. The brachiosauruses are gone by now, but the ground is still shaking a little.

"Are you okay?" I brush some hair off her forehead gently, which surprisingly isn't sweaty. She smiles at me and her cheeks turn red.

Eventually we leave our small shelter under the big rock and continue trekking through the jungle side by side.

[Caleb POV]

I walk to a clearing. "More footprints! Over here!"

We reach a fallen tree trunk.

"Something big came through here. Like, lots of something bigs."

"So? We're looking for Ben and Y/N remember? That's just dinosaurs doing dinosaur stuff."

"No look. They destroyed the plants they like to eat." Sammy picks up a branch of leaves. "Something spooked them real bad"

(roars)

"I swear, if that's the Scorpious Rex..."

We huddle closer to one another.

(dinosaur cries)

I turn around and walk past the log. We see a small baby brachiosaurus calling sadly for it's mother

"Oh!"

"Aw!"

Sammy runs up to it and pets it.

"Sammy don't touch-" Kenji starts to say but then... you know. "Okay nobody else-"