"Okay! geez big-b. come soon" Vishal whispered. Vikram could visualize him rolling his amber eyes. The kid was a brat! Just like him. Why did it make him feel so proud? He shook his head and pressed the gas, it was time he got back home.

When he reached the four bedroom cottage, his heart filled up with love. 'Home', it always hit a different note. His work kept him away from home for days at a stretch. He wished he could visit home often. As he tiptoed inside the house, with bated breath, he hoped to not get caught again. His mother was a terror, he wished his father had found a gentle 'Bride'. He sighed as he realized that he did not want a gentle 'mom'. He had the very best.

He waited to make sure that he actually made it safe. When there was no movement from above he let out the breathe he had been holding and placed the shoes on the floor. His mother would have his head for dirtying her floor with dirty shoes. He turned off the porch lights and made his way to the twins room.

It was the only room in the house that was on the second floor. He could not hold back his smile as he entered the room. The walls had been redone over the years, the decor changed to accommodate the needs of the twins, but the essence was just the same. He had spent his childhood in the room. Countess memories were associated with that room.

The twins saw him come and rushed to his side. Vibha grabbed the pizza and climbed back on her cozy bed. His buddy had taken the trouble to paint her side of the wall pink. The beautiful lavender flowers that he had painted for her, glowed in the darkness, creating a surreal experience.

Vishal grabbed the ice-cream and settled on his his side of the room. The wall was once painted a soft blue, but the messy posters stuck on the wall, hid the whole wallpaper. He could see Ronaldo's face staring back at him. That was Vishal's latest interest, sports. He hoped one day he would take the same interest in music. The boy had the potential to become a great singer. Just like him Vishal had inherited their fathers voice. It was a shame that music did not appeal to him. He wanted to become a businessman.

"Big-b" Vibha's voice startled Vikram, "kaha kho gaye aap?"

Vikram shook his head. He was not lost, he was right where he belonged. "Nothing, Princess. I was remembering a story."

"A story?" Vibha's hazel eyes sparkled with interest, "Kasie story"

"Come dude, you won't be interested in Big-b's stories. I bet it is not a love story. Kyun Big-b?"

Vikram smiled, "Well there is a lot of love, but I cannot say that it is a love story."

"Are there monsters?" Vishal gave him a inquisitive look.

"There is definitely a bad guy, but is he a monster? That is difficult to say."

"Is there a princess?" Vibha set her pizza aside. His big-b told the best tales. She wanted to hear one.

"There is a princess, but the story is a about a young prince and his buddy!"

"Buddy, as it dad?" Vishal raised his eyebrows.

"You tell me that after you hear the story."

"Wait, wait, wait.... will this have a happy ending?" Vibha was worried. She hated sad endings. Vikram caressed her face gently, she had inherited their mothers looks but she had their fathers temperament. Soft, gentle, kind, with a heart of gold.

"I don't know about the happy ending, bacha, their story is just beginning."

"Really? Is there a war?"

"No, but there is a quest."

"What quest?"

"Let big-b talk dumbo" Vibha whacked Vishal. "If you ask so many questions, the story will loose its charm. Come on big-b. Tell us the story."

She got up and snuggled next to him, reminding him of the days when he had done the same with his buddy. Vishal snuggled to his other side, Vibha tried to push him away but he stopped her.

"No fighting, princess."

"But this is my place" Vibha huffed.

"Are, Big-b ke gode me baithne ka haq mughe bhi hai" Vishal hit her with a pillow, "let me sit"

Vibha picked up the pillow to whack him back. Vikram grabbed the pillows and tossed it aside.

"Story chaye ya nehi?"

That shut them up. They called a truce and snuggled next to him. Vikam started into the fireplace. How did he begin the story. There was so much to tell.

"Come on big-b. We are waiting" Vibaha tugged at his tee-shirt.

Vikarm sighed. Every story did not have to begin on a sad note. His story had a fairly tale opening......

"Long long ago, in a quite little town, there lived a little boy with his buddy."

"How old was this boy?" Vishal interrupted.

"Does it matter dumbo?" Vibha glared at him. She hated the interruptions. Vishal huffed, he wanted to know the age. He did not think of it as a dumb question.

"He was too young to understand the complexities of life" Vikram ruffled his hair. "Too young to understand that the fairly tale he was living was someone's sacrifice. He had the most loving family anyone could ask for. A grandfather who adored him and his buddy who would lay the world at his feet for him. He had everything that any child would have wanted, love, comfort, attention.... everything. He was happy but there was one thing he secretly craved."

"What more could one want, Big-b?" Vishal frowned. The boy had everything in life, there was nothing more to want.

"He wanted a mother"

"He did not have a mother?" Vibha gasped.

Vikram shook his head. The twins face fell. Vikram pulled the twins closer to his chest, "why the long face? The boy was very happy, his buddy made sure of it. The boy did crave for a mother but as he grew up he realized that his buddy was enough for him. They became each others world. They made a strong team, the boy, his buddy and his grandfather. They called themselves the Fab3. Cute right?"

"But we are the Fab5" Vishal huffed. That is how they dubbed themselves. He, Vibha, his Big-b and his dad and mom. He did not want to share the title with anyone.

"Let's say, we borrowed the idea from the story. Inspiration is never wrong. Kyun?"

Vishal huffed but let his big-b continue.

"So this brat had everything he wanted. Where is the story? He already had his happy ending."

"Every story has to begin somewhere Vish, his began the day his grandfather came down with stroke."

"What? you said this is a happy story" Vibha pulled back, "You cannot kill a member of fab3 big-b. So not fare."

"He did not die, princess."

"Then?"

"That is where the story began. The journey of a boy to man. Shall we begin princess?"

"yes" The twins chimed.

And so the story unfolded in the words of the very man who lived it. Vikram Vivek Malhotra!

 Vikram Vivek Malhotra!