In fact, what she wanted to ask was: Why are you here again?

After returning home that day, Cui Xining came to visit almost every day. She didn't necessarily have any serious business. Sometimes she just had a casual chat or came to sit in the courtyard for a while before leaving.

It would be fine if she had a purpose, but Xie Miao was baffled by such unexpected visits.

Seeing the confusion on her face, Cui Xining covered her lips and smiled, saying, "Can't you tell? I want to be friends with you."

Xie Miao's small face showed great doubts: Huh?

"I want to be friends with you." Cui Xining stared at her seriously and repeated.

Xie Miao pursed her lips and frowned slightly, "Why?"

"Do you need a reason?"

"Of course." A guess came to Xie Miao's mind and she said slowly: "If you want to make amends because of guilt, then you don't have to."

Cui Xining heard her rejection and was not in a hurry to speak. Instead, she looked out the window.

"Xie Miao, look."

The window ledge is half open, and when you look up, you can see the clear sky and the warm sunshine. The wind picked up the fallen leaves in the courtyard and swirled them around.

"I was born in Cui Mansion and grew up in Cui Mansion. I am familiar with the "Women's Precept" and "Inner Teachings", and was taught to obey the three obedience and the four virtues, to be leisurely and quiet." Although she was smiling, her voice was full of sadness, "I have been ordered to do so since I was a child. The trajectory of life is to follow your father at home and then your husband when you get married. If nothing unexpected happens, it will not change until you die."

"But I...suddenly wondered if there could be another life." She paused, unable to suppress her heartbeat, holding the handkerchief in her left hand and pressing it gently on her heart, "Even if I just think about it, I feel that I have lost my moral character and I feel regretful to my parents."

Xie Miao saw that her mind was complicated, filled with sweetness and sadness. There was no reason she didn't understand: Cui Xining must have met the scholar in her previous life. Not only did they know each other, but she also made the same mistake again and had a deep love for him!

Cui Xining smiled bitterly and said: "Maybe you don't know my father. He is a very stubborn person. Both my brother and I must act according to his wishes. Since resistance is useless, as time goes by, we will stop talking. Just like a bird whose wings have been broken off, how can it dare to hope to escape from its cage and fly to the sky?"

She looked at Xie Miao with searching eyes, "I thought you were a canary who was willing to break off your wings and yearn for a cage."

To be fair, Xie Miao was indeed willing to shed the barbs all over the body before marrying into the Cui Mansion and becoming Cui Muli's wife.

"But that day I saw that you were no longer the same as before towards Xijun and second brother." Cui Xining said: "You seemed to have grown wings again. You didn't care about the eyes of others, and you could fly to high places again the next moment."

"So?"

"So I was wondering if I stayed with you longer, I could...be brave enough to break free from the shackles and escape from the prison."

No, you cannot. Xie Miao answered from the bottom of her heart.

In the previous life, Cui Xining mustered up the courage to resist Cui Shiren, but Cui Shiren became stubborn and fell ill. He threatened Cui Xining with Madam Li's name and forced her to marry the official son of his choice. Cui Xining refused, so he asked someone to break the scholar's hand tendons, making him unable to hold a brush for the rest of his life. Cui Xining was forced to agree to the marriage, but on the day of the wedding, she hanged herself in a red wedding dress.

Miss Cousin Wants to Become a Monkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें