"Wow, such pretty weather." I said sighing and soaking up the climate. I clicked Erums picture first, because she was looking so cute in this fit, I couldn't get enough of her. I also put a hat over her head, making her look even more adorable. I took her hands in mine and clicked a snap captioning it with 'ma-beti date'.

I sent all the pictures in our whatsapp group. Messages started pouring in but I ignored it. I wanted to spend time with my daughter.

I played with her blocks, and her doll. There was this fishing rod game that I took in the picnic basket. We played with that. After a little while, she saw kids her age, and she went to play with them.

I took my book and started reading, King of Pride. It was so good. Kai Young is a dream. With college and Erum, I hardly have any time to read nowadays. So I was happy.

I was munching on my chips and reading my book, when I heard Erums giggles. I looked up to see she was playing with a girl, she looked like she was in her 20s. The girl kissed her cheeks and she returned the favour by doing the same to her. I was watching from afar, not getting too possessive. I saw another girl and boy coming from a little distance towards them. They seemed nice people playing around.

The other two people now joined the previous girl, and started squishing Erums cheeks. The guy tickled her, and she started laughing. I was smiling looking at the exchange, when she started pulling them towards me.

I waved a hi to erum, she came running towards me and sat on my lap.

"Did you make new friends baby?" I asked pushing away hairs from her forehead.

"Yes mamma." She smiled shyly.

The said friends came and greeted me, and the guy was looking at me intently. Also, he looked familiar.

"Aayra ?" He asked doubtfully raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, do I know you ?" I questioned back.

"Sahil, Sahil Ali. Neighbours. Remember ?" He asked giving me a full blown smile. Ofcourse, it had to be him. Subhans brother. Wow, so much for feeling good today.

"Ahh, that's why you looked familiar to me." I returned his smile and stood up to hug him. I loved Sahil like my brother. He was the same age as me, but was one class below me in school. I missed him.

"Omg, Aay didi. It is youu ?" The girl said, whom I didn't recognise yet.

"That's Sara. And that's Samiya." Sahil, who sensed my confusion said, referring to the first girl who was with Erum, and the girl who came with him.

"Wow, I just couldn't recognise. You both have grown so much, and look at you. So beautiful." I said giving a genuine smile. These are my people, who I loved so much. And meeting them after so many years, felt nice. After the scene with Subhan, I mostly avoided everyone. And within a year we moved to a new place. So we lost contact as well.

I hugged the girls next while Sahil sat down with Erum.

"You look so beautiful, didi. Just like you did back then." Sara complimented me. She was my sidekick you can say.
Always tagging behind me, doing the same exact things which I do.

"And you have become even more beautiful than me." I complimented her back and kissed her cheeks. Samiya stood there shyly looking at us.