CHAPTER 18

<<Kritika Rathore>>

I never knew that marrying Avaan would bring me to so many dangers. First Nisha bhabhi, maybe tomorrow me. I was still scared and shaken from inside after seeing Nisha bhabhi covered in blood. 

"Taiji, mein ghar aa rahi hu thode dino ke liye. Meine maa ji se bhi puch liya."(Taiji, I am coming home for some days. I have also asked mother in law for this.)

"Acha bacha, mein tumhare liye bhar bhar ke khana banaungi. Meri Kritika jo aa rahi hai."(Ok baby, I will make lots of food for you. My Kritika is coming.)

"Are taiji, I love you so much. Chalo mujhe packing bhi karni hai. Bye bye."(Aww taiji, I love you so much. Ok, now I have to pack. Bye Bye.)

"Bye Kritika", I ended my call with my taiji. I thought that it would be good to go back to my tauji and taiji. They were like parents to me. I never got to know about my parents. Tauji always told me that they were no more with us and gave me to them. I was a gift to them, they said. 

They lived in the countryside on a hill. Our bungalow with big porch and arched windows was surrounded with forest and peace. I wanted to go back there so that I can get my mind away from the event. 

I descended the stairs to go and tell Avaan that I am leaving for my taiji's home. Just what I didn't thought to find Tanisha and Avaan laughing together in the garden, in the garden where he took me that night. Heat panged in my chest. But that dumb mind of mine defended him again. C'mon Kritika, Tanisha is literally his best friend. They are not a couple.

I started walking away from them only for my heel to step on my saree and make me fall. Their eyes turned towards the lucky me who saved from bruising her face. Though it costed my hands to suffer a sharp pain. Avaan came running towards me and helped me stand up. After I made myself presentable again, I saw Tanisha staring at my hands with... disgust. But, it did not take her a moment to change the emotion in those sharp eyes into fake sympathy. She took my hands in hers and said, "Oh dear, it looks terrible. I hope you are alright."

I snatched my hands away from her. 

"I am okay. I am just here to tell you Avaan that I am going. Goodbye", I gave him a small smile and then left the garden without looking back. 

The earthy smell hit me as I stood in front of my home. The home where I spend so many years living those people who raised me up and loved me so much. It was so difficult to leave this calmness and this love for another home. 

I pressed the bell. The door was opened by a woman in her late fifties not knowing she was going to be attacked by me. I hugged her tightly. 

"TAIJI"

"SAANS LENE DO KRITIKA" (LET ME BREATHE KRITIKA)
I detached from her and ran towards tauji who came towards us with his hands open for me. I wrapped my arms around him as tears left my eyes which were brimming at the the edge. All the nostalgic feeling came crushing on me. 

"Meri beti" (My daughter)

We had our reunion and then they dragged me towards the dining table and stuffed my face with food as the servants kept my luggage in my room before marriage. The food tasted heaven. After all, it was my taiji's. I thanked them and then went upstairs and started unpacking while looking at the photos which decorated my room. Just like before. I bathe and slept for some while. When I woke up, I bid tauji and taiji so that I can roam in forest and hill and go near the lake. I also carried a basket so that I can collect some flowers for my collection. The whole forest was filled with blossoms in this time of the year. 

I twirled in my yellow cotton maxi dress in between the trees as some last rays of the sunlight peeped through the leaves. I plucked small flowers and put it in my basket. Suddenly, I saw a glimpse of a small white tail getting inside a bush. A rabbit. Well it is going to be fun catching it. I stealthily went near the bush to find it running. Thank God I was wearing flats. I closed the lid of the basket and ran behind the rabbit. 

Sometimes, I hated how I clumsy I was. My eyes were on the ground, looking at the small rabbit. I was near catching it when suddenly...Crashhh.

Hey guys,
Hope you liked this chapter. What do you think, whom she crashed into? Do comment and vote the story. Love you all💕.
Have a good day!❤