Chapter 4: Family

Start from the beginning

"Aur, when are you coming back ?" Wajih asked. Me and him were very close so its a given he misses me.

"Kyu, you missing me ?" I wiggled my brows at him even though I know the answer.

"Tujhe kaun miss karega, I was missing Erum." He replied sticking his tongue out.

"Yes didi, come back no. We miss you." Ayesha said tearing up.

"Yeh sab tumhare papa ke wajah se hua hai. If he had stopped her, she wouldn't have gone." Ma said again.

"Ab bas bhi karo. Ajayegi jab ana hoga." Papa said getting angry now. That shut ma up by the way.

I saw Ma getting up and going to her room, and papa followed her bidding me bye.

"Tumko pata hai, aaj mein kisse mili ?" I said as soon as ma papa disappeared.

"Shahrukh Khan ?" Ayesha asked expectantly.

"Bewakoof hi rehna bas tum." Wajih said flicking her forehead. She slapped him back, and he slapped her back, it went on for about 3-4 times when I cleared my throat.

"Haan sorry." They said in unison.

"Kisse mili ?" This time Ayesha asked.

"Subhan." As soon I said his name, Wajihs face went blank. He knew what Subhan did to me. I had told him.

"Subhan bhaiii. Kaise hai woh ? Kahan mili aap unse ?" Ayesha asked. She had always loved Subhan. If Wajih said no to her for something or even our dad, she went to him and he used to get her whatever she wanted.

"College aaya tha, chief guest banke." I replied ignoring Wajih.

"Are waah, number le lena tha. Aunty uncle kaise hai, did you ask ?" She was excited.

"Nahi, utna time nahi mila." I said as calm as possible.

"Ayesha, bas jao abhi. I need to talk to Aayra about something." She was about to protest but Wajih sent her a glare, which was enough for her. She said her bye's to me and went to her room.

"What did he say ? Did he try anything funny ? I will book my tickets and come to you for a few days." He said as soon as my sister went.

"He didn't say anything and I'm fine. You don't gave to come here. I didn't stop to talk to him." I continued telling him what happened at the college function and in the meeting.

"Yes, just ignore him. If there's anything, just give me a call. I will come." He said. We talked for a few more minutes about his college and stuff. He was in his final year of civil engineering.

Just when I hanged up the call, I got another call from Vyom. I had no energy to talk anymore and give explanations so I ignored it. He called for 2 more times and gave up.

_____________________________________________

Next day at school was boring, I had just 3 classes before lunch and that was it.

"Okay class, just a reminder. Tomorrow is the last day of extension to submit your assignments. I won't be taking anymore booklets after that." I informed them. They have been delaying it for a week now. There is only so much that I could take.

"Ma'am please. Two more days." Rahul whined.

"Sure, Rahul. You can submit after two days, but I won't consider it." His face dropped just the way it was lifted.

"So, that's it for today." I winded up my hour. 

I went to my cubicle, and met with Misbah. I haven't gotten the time to say her thanks with all that happened.
We talked for a few minutes, before I was called to the HOD's room.

"May I ?" I asked after knocking.

"Yes Ms. Aayra. Nothing important, the dean wants to talk to you. He had called me now." Sir informed.

"Oh. Thank you. I will go talk to him then." With that I went to Vyoms office.

Vyom was my brother-in-laws friend, my cousins husband. So I was very informal with him.

"You wanted to talk ?" I asked plopping on the chair.

"Erums good ?" He asked about Erum, who I have left in colleges nursery. I loved this thing about here.

"Yep, doing good."

"So, about Mr. Mohammed.." He started. I didn't want to talk about it. I almost got up from my seat.

"No, stay. I won't ask what happened or whatever. But he had called and said to let go of that matter." He informed me.

"Alright." I couldn't care less. If he thinks he'd be getting an apology from me, then he is highly mistaken.

"Okay, you may leave now." Vyom said sighing.

____________________________________________

It was around 1 by the time I finished my classes. I took Vyom's permission to leave early, as I had Erum's  monthly checkup today. I picked Erum from the nursery and drove off to the clinic. She was very quite on the way.

"What happened baby ?" I asked looking at her slightly.

"Saipu pulled my hairs today." Saif was my colleague, Siyana's son. They never got along well.

"Aww, is it. I'll talk to him tomorrow. We'll go mall to FunCity after your checkup. Happy ?" I asked trying to cheer her up. And it id.

"Hurrayy. Love you Ma." She started jumping up and down from her seat. I did everything I could to keep her happy. She is too small now to understand the concept of a father. I don't know what am I going to say once she grows a little.

After her checkup, and everything was fine. Alhamdulillah. Later, I took her to the mall as I had told.
_____________________________________________

Helluuu cutuss.
The last two chapter has been a little sad, so next one is going to be on a lighter note.
Maybee I will update tonight. Not sure.
Stay tuned anyways. Byeeeee 🫶🏼

P.S: Prioritise your peace. 💗