Chapter 13 Waiting patiently

Start from the beginning

She quickly ushered people in, "Second Miss, please come in. Miss is copying scriptures in the study. Please wait a moment."

Guiyuan and Lizhi, who were working in the courtyard, said respectfully, "Hello, Second Miss."

Fu Lu also came out of the house, greeted Cui Xining and said, "Second Miss, please wait a moment. I will go and report right away."

She knocked on the study door politely and said, "Miss, the Second Young Lady is here. She is in the yard."

The person in the room said: "Invite her to the study."

When Cui Xining entered the study, a burst of ink fragrance hit her nostrils.

Xie Miao stood behind the desk and put the writing brush on the pen holder. She wiped her fingertips with a wet cloth, and looked up at her, "Second Cousin is here?" Her face was full of confusion, and expressed without hesitation: Why are you here?

Cui Xining paused and said with a smile, "I'll give you something."

Two maids walked out from behind, and Xie Miao saw clearly that they were holding two pieces of brightly coloured cloth.

Cui Xining said: "This is the brocade that my uncle brought from Jinzhou. I think the colour matches you very well. I wonder if you like it?"

Xie Miao was quiet and said, "I like it." She probably understood why Cui Xining came here.

Cui Xining smiled and said, "As long as you like it."

She thought, Xie Miao really understood. She understands the sudden and unspeakable, almost inaudible and overwhelming guilt in her heart.

If you don't encounter some things, you can treat them as if they don't exist. But that day when they met, the Cui family's admonitions were like several mountains, weighing heavily on her heart.

A gentleman is virtuous, and does not neglect good deeds because they are small, and does not do evil deeds because they are small.

It is true that Xijun is the only one who really makes things difficult for Xie Miao, but they who have been standing by and watching are not accomplices? She acquiesced in Xijun's malice towards Xie Miao and condoned people's disrespect and slander towards Xie Miao.

If you think about it carefully, Xie Miao has never done anything evil. She just wants to win over a man who doesn't match her status...

A vague figure flashed through Cui Xining's mind, and her heart skipped a beat, suddenly feeling a bit of empathy for the desolation.

"Second Cousin?"

Cui Xining came back to her senses and smiled apologetically. She walked a few steps inside, and curiously looked at the case full of scriptures, "Are you copying scriptures?"

Xie Miao's sleeves were stained with some ink. She tried to wipe it off, but gave up after no success. "For grandmother's birthday, I want to copy the Sutra of Infinite Life a hundred times for her."

Reading the "Infinite Life Sutra" a hundred times cannot be completed in one or two days!

Cui Xining said sincerely: "You are very thoughtful. Compared with you, the thing I plan to give seem a bit vulgar."

"What are you going to give?"

"A bracelet of eighteen green emeralds."

"...Uh." It was indeed ordinary, but Xie Miao still said: "No matter what you give, grandma will like it."

She did not pursue and gratify her as much as before, but Cui Xining was relieved in her heart and couldn't help laughing: "Since you said this, it means that my gift is indeed perfunctory. I heard that a new batch of treasures have been brought into Baochang Pavilion. Are you free tomorrow to accompany me to pick out a birthday gift for grandmother?"