Chapter 12 Indulgence

Start from the beginning

He couldn't hold back and sighed, "Is there no room for change?"

Cui Muli knew what he was worried about. According to the Emperor's intention, the Zhang family might soar to the sky.

"Father, things in the world are unpredictable, changing rapidly, and there is no way to follow them." He smiled slightly, his eyes light and steady, "You can wait with peace of mind."

It's too early to tell who will win.

*

After the small talk, Cui Muli went to see Madam Cui. Madam Cui loved him the most since he was a child. He was busy with official duties and neglected to come here. She was considerate and never cared about this.

She held her grandson's hand with a smile and looked around. She always felt that he was too thin, so she ordered the kitchen to bring a table full of snacks.

"Li'er, these are your favourite pastries since childhood. Eat them quickly."

Lotus root starch cake, jujube paste cake, pearl dumplings, lotus cake, bird's nest pearl dew...the pastries are exquisite and full of colour, fragrance and flavour.

Cui Muli ate a piece of lotus root cake and drank a small cup of bird's nest pearl dew. He looked up at Madam Cui, who was eating persimmon cakes in small bites.

Cui Muli stayed for half an hour before returning to Minglan Yuan. As he sat down to read files, Cui Xijun's voice sounded outside.

Cui Xijun's voice was lively, high-pitched and joyful at this time, which meant she was in a very good mood.

"Second Brother, I have something to tell you!"

The person guarding the door was Shen Yang. He opened the door after hearing Cui Muli's answer, "Third Miss, please come in."

She ran in excitedly, her pupils were black and bright, and she held a soft cow-hide whip in her hand, "A batch of Hanxue horses have entered the Jingdan Racecourse. They are strong and their hair is smooth. I really like them!"

Cui Muli glanced at her and returned his gaze to the file, "If you like it, just buy it."

Cui Xijun stretched out her index finger and said coquettishly: "A horse costs a thousand taels of silver. Dad will definitely not agree to my purchase. Second Brother, please support me..."

Her second brother's salary was not high, but he owned many shops, villages and fields left by his mother. He collected ten thousand taels of silver every month just from rent. To him, one thousand taels of silver was just rice from Taicang.

Cui Muli has always been generous to this sister, "How much is missing?"

"Just make up for me, eight hundred taels!" Cui Xijun said happily.

She dares to buy but is lacking and asks him to be the donor.

Cui Muli said: "I'll pay the money to the account later."

Cui Xijun cleared her throat, "There's something else I need your help with."

"Tell me."

"This batch of Hanxue horses has been reserved by the Shenfeng Camp for a long time. Can you find someone and tell them if they can leave two short mares for us?" Cui Xijun added: "Panyan also wants one."

The Shenfeng Camp is one of the three major barracks in the capital, subordinate to the Metropolitan Governor's Mansion, and is famous for its bravery and proficiency in battle. The commander-in-chief was Shao Bo, the Governor-General, who has little contact with the Cui family. However Cui Xijun knew that her brother had his own way of handling this matter.