𝟎𝟑. lame hero and delusional girl

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

━━ chapter iii, lame hero and delusional girl !

˗ˏˋ if your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete. 'ˎ˗

A cool hero one summer, a lame joke by next summer. That's what Percy felt at the moment. He stopped being the cool guy who saved Olympus from breaking out into a civil war and now was reduced to a poor guy with an ugly brother. Kids are mean. Very, very mean.

Percy was annoyed, he was angry, he was tired. He was annoyed by Tyson's constant clinginess, angry at his dad for literally everything, and tired because of his nightmares. With the chariot race coming up as well, he hadn't stopped being anxious ever since he got to camp.

Right after dinner, Dyana approached Percy and insisted that they should team up for the chariot race. To which, he didn't agree right away. Dyana started to backtrack, and thought to herself, ' Of course he would rather have Annabeth, the The smartest person at camp, to be his partner!' But before she could retract her words, Percy smiled and said yes.

Dyana's smile widened as Percy smiled back at her upon agreeing to team up for the chariot race. She hadn't expected him to accept so readily, and her initial self-doubt melted away in the warmth of his smile.

"Great!" Dyana exclaimed, her excitement bubbling over. "This is going to be so much fun!"

"Yeah, it should be." Percy chuckled, his eyes reflecting her enthusiasm. "Plus, it'll be nice to have someone who's not constantly critiquing my every move."

"Well, I can't promise I won't critique, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum." Dyana laughed, feeling a surge of relief.

One morning the pair was making plans for their chariot design and Percy just now noticed what an amazing artist Dyana was. He had never realized just how talented she was with art. Her drawings came to life on the page, each line and curve meticulously crafted with precision. She didn't even need a ruler to make straight lines. She didn't just bring out pencils and pens, she also brought paint with her, to paint the designs of their Chariot.

Percy watched in awe as Dyana deftly sketched out the designs for their chariot, her movements fluid and confident. Maybe strategizing and planning things out might not be her strongest suits, but she makes such pretty colors that it almost didn't really matter if their chariot would not be functional. It was pretty.

"You're really amazing at this," Percy said, marveling at her work. "I had no idea you were so... artsy."

"Well, this is about all I can do," she laughed, but Percy could sense something behind her smile. He had become adept at spotting fake smiles, having done them too many times himself.