Chapter 7: Journey Of Authority, Part 1

(Mr. Akaline) Anyway, we're going to create teams.

(Mr. Akaline) - Whatever name I decide on is the name your team is stuck with.

(Mr. Akaline) - Jade, Amber, and Victor.

(Mr. Akaline) - You three will make up Team Rikan [Team 1] 

*He handpicks them and directs them to a specially designated area*

(Mr. Akaline) - Velorian trio, you guys are Team Velorian [Team 2] 

(Mr. Akaline) - Next is.

(Mr. Akaline) - Katsgue, Akane, Maverick, and Seraphine.

*Katsgue and Akane exchange composed glances.*

(Katsgue) Mind - Okay...

*Prompted by his call, they integrate themselves into Team 1 and Team 2. A span of ten minutes elapses before Mr. Akaline, accompanied by the remaining students, advances toward the assigned area where the other teams have already assembled.*

(Mr. Akaline) - Okay, everyone. As you can see, I was not the one who made these teams.

(Mr. Akaline) - The members of each team were hand-picked by the school board.

(Mr. Akaline) - The strongest team is Team Alpha. These are the strongest team members that were on the recruitment forms this year.

(Mr. Akaline) Mind - There's already someone who doesn't belong there.

*A subtle trace of suspicion colors Mr. Akaline's expression as he casts a sidelong glance at Katsgue just before he embarks on the task of briefing the class about the impending test.*

(Mr. Akaline) Mind - Did he bribe the school board or do something to be accepted as one of the strongest?. 

*As the teacher's proclamation of their team's strength reverberates, Akane and Maverick exchange glances, their expressions a blend of astonishment and doubt, one of them directed at Katsgue's inclusion in their ranks.* 

(Akane) Mind - Damn, he probably tricked them too. He's really good at it; I'll give him that 

(Maverick) Mind - I'm not even surprised; of course he would be on there.

*Unfazed by the exchanged glances, Katsgue maintains his composure, carrying himself as if the scrutinizing looks from Akane and Mr. Akaline register no impact on him whatsoever.* 

(Katsgue) Mind - People will be people; they won't believe something unless you shove it into their sockets.

(Mr. Akaline) - The first test will be an explosive anterior deltoid and pectoralis major strength test, and for this test, you will need to throw two baseballs.

Mr. Akaline) - One without using your aura, then another one while using your aura.

(Mr. Akaline) - The only limitations set are anything that externally enhances your power.

(Mr. Akaline) - Meaning, that elemental abilities, aura and innate abilities are the only things allowed.

(Mr. Akaline) - Akane Sabrina Akira.

*With confidence radiating from every step, Akane strides up to the teacher and decisively plucks the ball from his hand. With a swift, practiced motion, she propels the ball forward. A sharp, distinctive whistle pierces the air as the projectile ascends, tracing a high, impressive arc into the distance.*

(Mr. Akaline) - The Height is about 0.987 kilometers, and the distance is 1.06 miles

*Mr. Akaline's retrieves another ball from his back pocket and hands it over to Akane. With the ball in her grasp, Akane channels her energy, triggering a vivid eruption of her purple aura that shrouds the surroundings in an ominous and intense atmosphere. The ground quivers, yielding slightly to the influence of her formidable power. Her left eye undergoes a striking transformation, shifting from a serene white to a vibrant, pulsating purple. Taking a poised, pitcher-like stance, Akane readies herself for the throw, her focus sharp and unwavering. Just before releasing the ball, she deliberately glances back, a sardonic smile gracing her lips, a challenge directed squarely at Katsgue. Their eyes meet briefly, and Katsgue responds with a nonchalant look away, an air of indifference about him that only serves to further stoke Akane's irritation. Fueled by this mounting vexation, she summons the full magnitude of her aura, pushing it to its absolute limit.*