Fragmented Reflections of Turmoil, Part 4

*As the class murmurs and deliberates, Mr. John seizes the opportunity to pull out a case filled with a variety of elixirs. This move is clearly an attempt to persuade the class to step up and volunteer.*

(Mr. John) Mind - So nobody besides Akane is strong, huh?

*Katsgue's expression softens slightly, his interest piqued by the contents of the case before him.*

(Mr. John) - Not even for these powerful elixirs?

(Katsgue) Mind - AAAGH, it looks so damn good.

(Katsgue) Mind - The amount of levels I could gain from those bottles alone...I know damn well its worth fighting for. 

(Katsgue) Mind - I've got to try at least.

*With newfound determination, Katsgue raises his hand to volunteer for the battle with Mr. John. Mr. John points directly at Katsgue, signaling for him to stand up. The class looks at him with skepticism, and Akira scoffs, crossing her arms and scrolling through social media.*

(Akira) - As if that fuck face will really win against him.

(Mr. John) You want to fight me?

(Katsgue) - Yep

(Akira) - PFFFFT, Nigga, Don't Make Me Laugh.

*Katsgue turns towards her, speaking calmly:*

(Katsgue) - What?

(Akira) - We both know your weak as shit, so just give it up, pussy boy.

*Katsgue bites his lip, clearly irritated by Akane's words. He then retorts with a remark of his own, saying:*

(Katsgue) - At least I wasn't the one who decided to flip out because I couldn't handle a little something being said to me, which kind of explains why you bitch a lot.

*Katsgue's remark catches everyone off guard, their eyes widening in astonishment, including Akane. Akane's anger surges to a peak, her grip on the phone growing stronger until it crumples in her hand. She starts to rise, evidently intending to approach Katsgue, but Maverick quickly intervenes. He grabs her arm, his voice firm as he says:*

(Maverick) - I got this.

*Maverick rises and strides over towards Katsgue. Katsgue stands up slowly and addresses him, saying:*

(Katsgue) - She started it first so I just finished-

*Maverick's actions escalate quickly, delivering a sharp slap to Katsgue. Katsgue's eyes widen in surprise, and his face turns away. He narrows his eyes, clearly considering retaliation, but the gaze of Mr. John locks him in place. Finally, Katsgue releases his pent-up frustration, delivering a forceful punch to the chair (although it sustains no damage). He quietly resumes his seat, gently rubbing his cheek. Maverick takes his place between Seriphina and Akane, offering them both a friendly dap. Akane, wearing a smug look and a smirk, gazes at Katsgue with evident satisfaction.*

(Akane) - That's what you fucking get, dumb fuck.

(Katsgue) Mind - Don't worry, I got something for the both of you.

(Mr. John) - Katsgue, you did have it coming for you. Are you alright, though?

(Katsgue) - Mhm.

(Mr. John) - Alright, class, meet me at the arena outside.

*The entire class, including Sabrina and Akane, files out of the classroom, heading towards the arena stands connected by skyways. The entire class finds their seats in the stands, with some attentively focused on Mr. John and Katsgue, while others seem nonchalant, confident in who they believe will emerge victorious. Both Mr. John and Katsgue prepare for the impending battle. The atmosphere is charged with anticipation.*

(Mr. John) - So since this is your first year, I'll lay some ground rules for you.

(Katsgue) - Sure.

*The entire class finds their seats in the stands, with some attentively focused on Mr. John and Katsgue, while others seem nonchalant, confident in who they believe will emerge victorious. Both Mr. John and Katsgue prepare for the impending battle. The atmosphere is charged with anticipation.*

(Katsgue) Mind - Damn.

(Mr. John) - 1. I don't care how you feel or what it is. If I tell you to do something, you do it.

*Mr. John limbers up, stretching his muscles before assuming his battle-ready stance. The tension in the arena is palpable as everyone awaits the clash.*

(Katsgue) Mind - You're stretching like you're about to work out for the next 2 hours.

*Mr. John assumes his fighting stance, and as the tension continues to mount, the atmosphere becomes increasingly charged. The anticipation in the arena is almost tangible, as everyone braces for the impending clash. Sensing the intensity of the situation, Katsgue takes three deliberate steps backward, creating a bit of distance between himself and the impending clash. This gives him a moment to collect himself and prepare for what's to come.*