Change

Just like a switch
It clicked so fast
My heart ached
And I was lost in pain

San pov:

He sat down as if everything was fine. Quiet and deep in thoughts. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't want to force him to say anything. I didn't want to add any more pressure. I wanted him to come to me without asking but knowing Wooyoung he was going to bottle everything to the very last drop until he exploded. This time was worse than the others I have seen.

Silence was all he ever spoke. His weak smile was eating him alive, and I was worried.

He knew I knew.

He was the only one that could read my mind in a split of a second.

The smile he drew on his face a while ago was a sign that he wasn't going to talk. That he wanted to be alone with his storm.

It hurts.
I want him to rely on me more.
I want him to be more open with his thoughts.
With me... at least.

That's what I wanted but not what he wanted... so all I could do was wait until he was ready to welcome me in his darkness.

"Today we will have a meeting with the manager and decide on the roles we will be taking during the concert." The captain explained. I didn't care what was going to happen... right now my eyes wouldn't leave Wooyoung. He noticed because he kept on giving me hints to stop staring at him.

Still looking at him I asked: "A meeting about our roles? Did anything change?" Something was wrong and I was feeling a little anxious. Wooyoung also felt it as he looks away, back to his plate that was half empty.

"Don't worry San. Remember that all we do is for the sake of our fans. So, there must be a clear explanation" and by that we ended this non existential debate.

Wooyoung pov:

San wouldn't stop looking. I was feeling a little bit pressured. It was as if he was screaming "TALK TO ME" out loud. The group felt it. They all kept asking me if I was okay or if the food was good... I nodded with every question asked while San's eyes melted deeper into me.

My heart was beating faster than what a normal human should experience, and my hands felt cold even though we were in spring.

"Let's all get ready and head downstairs. The driver is waiting for us" The captains voice silenced every voice I had in me. I looked up, nodded one last time before getting my bag to leave to the studio.

During our first rehearsal, I kept making small mistakes but nothing big to alert anyone. The manager asked me to take five before going back to rehearsing which I did. I drank some water and sat on the floor to catch my breath.

"I am tired" Yeosang said as he fell to the ground beside me.

I laughed. Yeosang was your typical introvert, but he always acted defenseless in front of me. He acted stupid and goofy... maybe because he felt that something was wrong or maybe because he knew me the longest... regardless I always loved that hidden side of his that I could only experience.

"Tell me about it" I sighed for the tenth time today. "I just wanted to go back to sleep..." as if I could I thought.

Before I could continue our useless conversation the manager yelled for us to gather up.

"As you might have heard from your leader, we have some changes that we decided to make after discussing with the team" my throat ached and I was not ready to hear the rest... "we think it is best if we shock or I would say 'confuse' our atiny with a specific change..."

Everyone was confused at the announcement. It felt like something big was about to happen even when the manager kept on repeating that it wasn't something major.

I didn't like it.
Change.
It is something I never comprehended.
Why change when you can stay the same...

"San..." the manager took a deep breath before continuing "you will pair up with Yeosang for the 'Deja Vue' finale instead of Wooyoung".

San's eyes were lost in mine. Having someone else grabbing him by the collar made me anxious. I felt as if my place in San's life was being taken away from me. It didn't matter that it was Yeosang but I hated it.

I wanted to leave.
I wanted to cry.
But I froze.
I hate change.

——————————————————————————
This is the second chapter! I hope you liked it!
If you have any recommendations please feel free to suggest them to me! I'll take it into consideration!
Anyway please remember that this story will contain some heavy triggering stuff so please be advised to take care of yourself first!
Thank you for your support! 🖤🧡