"Are You Listening?" - Interlude: "Drinks On Me, Yeah?"

A/N: My lovelies! My babies! Mama's back and I got a little sum-sum for ya! Let's start this weekend with a little Rio and the crew, yeah? Yeah

A/N: My lovelies! My babies! Mama's back and I got a little sum-sum for ya! Let's start this weekend with a little Rio and the crew, yeah? Yeah. I want to give so many thanks to all of you sweet lovelies who have been rocking with me this entire time. Most of you know that the past year and a half has been quite the struggle. To everybody who took time out of your day to come and check in on me, please know that I'm appreciative and forever grateful to have connected with such amazing people🥹♥️. Thank you for all the sweet, hilarious comments and asks as well💓. I'm a little rusty, so be gentle with your girl. Enjoy my sweet babies. Before anyone asks, yes, I've been working on Pt. 4😂😏😈. Remember...issa interlude, my babies.

"Are You Listening?" - The Playlist.

*Left comments next to Apple Music and Spotify with links to each. Go and give it a listen. Re-read each part. Feel the vibes, lovelies🫶🏾.*

Apple Music.

Spotify.

The link is listed somewhere in this story lol. I'm still getting used to linking things.

Inspired By💜:

Above And Beyond - Jhené Aiko.

Your body pressed down into the plush mattress as you reveled in the comfort and security of being home

Your body pressed down into the plush mattress as you reveled in the comfort and security of being home. Your mind replayed the image of your mom snatching the door open, the two of you hugging tightly, rocking side to side. You had spent the past week trying to survive final exams and warding off the many questions of, "What's wrong, baby girl?" The woman who gave you life knew you all too well. Sensing that her youngest baby was struggling, her attempts to get you to open up over the phone went unanswered. With the semester complete, being home didn't leave much space to dodge the knowing gaze in her eyes.

That master's degree will probably be a waste of time.

The moment you pulled away from the hug, she cupped your chin, and your poker face cracked as the tears cascaded down your cheeks. Two hours later, you filled her in on everything from the stress of school, financial aid, working doubles, and the fresh crack in your heart that was taking its sweet-ass time to heal. All of which had only taken about forty minutes to stutter out. The talk and her comfort had left you wiped out, and just like any amazing mother would do, she sent you to your room for a nap and got to work on preparing comfort food.