Until The Cops Come Knocking

LaRoyce Hawkins as Kevin AtwaterReader as YourselfSong Inspo💓:Morning and Night - Alina Baraz

Reader as Yourself
Song Inspo💓:
Morning and Night - Alina Baraz.

A/N: I know. You're shocked I took time away from my baby daddy, Rio. It's just something about Atwater and Halstead, though. Wait until you see what else I'm cooking up for those two. I honestly couldn't tell you how this random idea came about. That's the joy of being a Libra. My imagination just keeps going and going. IT'S LIBRA SZN BABY♎️! Enjoy my sweet lovelies.

Boot-covered footsteps thumped down the winding stairwell of the run-down apartment building

Boot-covered footsteps thumped down the winding stairwell of the run-down apartment building. The creaking door of the entrance swung open as both detectives released an exhausted and irritated breath. Both men took in their surroundings as they approached the large pickup truck they arrived in. Seeing nothing lurking about, Jay slid into the driver's side as Kevin took residence in the passenger seat. The men released another irritated sigh before Halstead spoke, "This damn case has us running in circles. There has got to be something we're missing here."

"These dead ends are wasting valuable time. If we don't get a hold of things soon, this sick psycho will slip through our fingers. For all we know, he could be halfway to Mexico by now. None of these witnesses are going to cooperate."

"We'll figure something out. We just have to find a way to convince them we can protect them and their families from this monster. We should wrap this up for the night, though. We're both too tired to follow up on any more pointless leads. I say we head back to the precinct, check in with the team, and call it a night."

The men agree it's probably the best bet as Jay turns over the engine. As they begin the journey back to the precinct, a call comes in over the radio. There are multiple reports of a noise complaint about a party at a property in a neighborhood only minutes from their current location. Atwater shrugs his shoulders at Halstead.

"I mean, we are only five minutes away. Might as well check it out real quick."

"It's probably some spoiled-ass rich kid throwing a kegger," Jay responds. "Let's just get this over with," he chuckles, shaking his head.