In the bath, Minako scrubbed and rinsed herself clean, trying to wash away her doubts, but it didn't work as she soon finished.

"I'm the Sailor Guadians' leader, huh?" she muttered absently. "Yeah. Artemis is right. I am the leader. I'm sure I'll get stronger."

But she still didn't feel so sure.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the Dead Moon Circus Tent, the Amazon Quartet were passing the time scheming while practicing their routines. CereCere just so happened to be gazing at Fish Eye's mirror as she swung on a trapeze, which had shown her everything that had transpired a few moments ago at Minako's place. And what she heard delighted her along with her fellow amazons.

"Well, now. It seems one of those annoying guardians is having doubts about her place on the team," CereCere spoke snidely.

"That shouldn't be a surprise," PallaPalla scoffed snootily as she stood on a ball with one foot. "After all, there's a useless weakling in every group. Or, to put it better, there's a weak link to every chain and a rat in every litter."

"You know, I have been growing bored of our shows lately," said VesVes. "So why don't we use that girl to host a special circus event that will really spark up some nightmares? It'll make things a bit more fun."

"Oh, yeah! Totally!" agreed JunJun.

CereCere then called out into the darkness. "Xenotime! Zeolite!"

Two daggers came shooting down from above as a pair of twins appeared. They both wore one article of clothing: a checkered unitard, except one was black and white and the other was gray and white. They also looked exactly the same, pale-skinned with blonde hair styled in long ponytails with a pink end, while their faces were uncanny as they grinned.

"Just leave it us, Amazon Quartet," the twin in black and white said. "Rest assured, my brother and I won't disappoint you!"

"Unlike the incompetent Amazon Trio," the twin in gray and white also spoke. "We'll not only be spreading our nightmares with the Lemures' help, but we'll make sure that Sailor Guardian knows the true meaning of nightmares."

And while the twins creepily laughed, they disappeared, setting off to fulfill their mission.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the Tsukino residence, Usagi was getting ready for bed after coming home from Mamoru's place. She was about to go to her room when Harusuke came down along with Luna.

"Hey, Sis," Harusuke greeted. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm hanging in there," replied Usagi.

"And how's Mamoru?" asked Luna.

Usagi then frowned worriedly. "He's still coughing and spitting up some blood," she said. "But he's staying strong. However, I can't help but worry that he'll get worse."

"I'm sorry, Usagi," Harusuke apologized. "I know this has to be hard for you. I only wish there was something we can do to help."

Usagi shook her head. "No need to apologize," she said. "Like I said, I promised to stay by Mamo's side no matter what it takes. And I'm going to keep that promise."

"Make sure you're taking it easy as well," warned Luna. "There's a chance that we might need you should the need arise, and you might end up with the same curse as Mamoru."