23. A danger to the kingdom.

Start from the beginning

Priest's POV:-

the royal family soon took their leave and my chamber was emptied. As they were leaving, however, their looks betrayed the façade that they had built to try and assure themselves of the current scenario.

That told me I had to do something. However, there's something which troubles me beyond measure.

That girl, she didn't mean good to the kingdom. But, I couldn't go against my father's predictions without proper analysis and thorough understanding of my own front.

Either way, i knew what my principal focus should be now. There is something to do with that girl and the dangers foreshadowing the kingdom's well being. My father's commands had to possess greater meanings than what could be made out at first glance.

" Shailav, my boy. I need you to complete a task on my behalf. " .....I said briefly as I let myself stand up from my asana. My feet carried me a little towards the balcony of my own chamber and i focused my eyes onto the chamber on the eastern side.

Now stood empty with the curtains gambling with the swift breeze.

" आदेश करें, गुरूजी " .....i heard Shailav behind me.

***************************************************************

( 3 days later )

Queen mother's pov :

" Shailav ? " ...I looked at guruji's disciple outside my doorway.

" Rajmata, guruji asks me to convey this message to you. He also suggests that you read this with kunwar Aadhrit." .....he handed me a little scroll tied with a ribbon.

" Is it something important? Shall we go to him ?" ......I inquired.

" I had just been asked to hand this scroll to you. He didn't tell me anything." .......he said as he bowed before leaving.

I looked at him leaving the hallway turning towards his left.
I needed to call Aadhrit. It seemed urgent, I might as well call him now.

As i got out to call mala, I was met with confusion as I saw Shailav standing outside ruh's doorway.

Did guruji call Ruh too ? I hid myself a little behind the adjacent pillar as I observed him.

He stood with his head bowed down in front of her chamber. He didn't move, he just stood there silently as if trying to hear any sound. A good five minutes passed.

Suddenly, the ringing of anklets alerted him and he swiftly turned and started walking out again. Mala entered the hallway from the other side. She bowed briefly to him as she made her way towards my chamber.

My eyes kept following Shailav as he took a last glance at ruh's chamber as he passed mala.

I came out of my hideaway and met mala halfway.

" Mala, call Aadhrit for me. " ......I said as I looked at the doorway that Shailav just walked out of.

She nodded as she turned back on her heels, walking back towards where she entered from.

I went back inside my chamber with a disturbed mind now. An eruption of questions overtook my head, and then my eyes spotted the scroll I kept on the bed.

My hands and feet found their own way and I soon found myself opening the scroll.

greetings,

On the study of this letter, I hope both the queen mother and the royal heir go through this together.
As the royal sage for the rajvansh, keeping in mind that my blood had served their royal highness with all nobility,  I take it as my duty to undertake and set forth in every possible venture which would ensure the well being of this kingdom.
I have reached a conclusion after much thought and contemplation. It's hard for me to make this into a verbal statement knowing that I'd be going against my late father with such a prediction.