FIVE

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 20
June

"Daddy" Tink spoke "Wassam my baby?" He spoke giving her a hug before kissing her forehead.

"Nothing much, you said you was gonna buy me a new car for graduation. I didn't really need it then but I need it now so where is it?"

"The person sold it already because you never gave me an answer but we can go get you a brand new one today if you want."

"Okay, i'm ready right now." She responded grabbed her purse before going to the shoe rack to find her shoes. "What happened to your car?"

"One of them crackheads took my tires." She lied but he already knew what happened.

"We can fix that cause you still got a nice car Tink." Her dad explained as they walked out the door. "You can fix it and sell it if you want but I don't want it anymore." She shrugged

"Bet"

Once they got to the car he opened the door for Tink and let her get in before shutting the door. Her dad got in on his side and turned the car on.

Tink's parents broke up when her and Demir were five years old. So they don't ever remember growing up in a two parent household like most of their peers did.

Her parents hated each other's guts but when it came to the two of them they put their differences aside.

"I heard you had you a li boyfriend." He chuckled causing Tink to roll her eyes. "Lemme guess Dee told you?"

"Nah actually yo mama told me. She said she worried about you cause you was drinking in the middle of the day and you don't really drink."

"Mmm well i'm fine... I don't know why I did that mess." She responded while looking out the window. "You do know. How a nigga that you don't know gone get mad cause you don't wanna be wit em? Let a nigga touch you and I promise you i'm going back to jail Nina."

"You wanna move in wit me?" He asked as he pulled off. "No he probably know where you live at too. I'll be fine, he not gone let them hurt me."

"He let them fuck up yo shit though so if you genuinely believe that you slow Tink."

"I'm not slow but I know for a fact he's not gonna let nobody hurt me. If he would they woulda been hurt me by now."

That was the truth, Sincere would never let anybody physically harm Tink. He knew he was wrong for having his friends mess up her car but he hated that she didn't want him back.

Sincere spent so much time trying to find Tink that he couldn't let her go. He was trying his hardest to change and be more patient for her but being in jail really didn't help much.

"Okay" He head laughed while shaking his head.

About twenty minutes later they arrived at the car dealership so Tink could pick what car she wanted.

They looked around at a few cars but it was white Tesla that she really wanted to take for a drive so they did.

"I want this." She spoke as they turned out of the parking lot. "You gone have to park it in the garage so can't nobody fuck wit it. Dis ain't no cheap car if somebody fuck it up it's gone be me n you Nina."

"Okay, I understand. I'm not gone let nobody mess with it daddy."

Tink drove around for a few then they went back to the dealership and signed papers so her dad could pay for it.

"Imma have yo uncle swing by tomorrow and get your other car. Drive safe and call me when you get to wherever you goin, ite?"

"You don't wanna spend time with me daddy?" Tink asked crossing her arms. "I want to but I gotta get back to work baby girl."