Chapter 11 Persimmon cakes

Start from the beginning

Madam Xie had been married into the Cui Mansion for many years. At first, she was worried about the mood of Cui Muli and Cui Xijun, so she discussed with Cui Shishuo not to have children for the time being. After a few years passed, Madam Xie established a firm foothold in the family, but when she wanted to have a child, there was still no movement. Madam Xie pretended not to care on her face, but felt disappointed in her heart.

Others didn't know it yet, but Xie Miao knew that Madam Xie would have a smart child. On the day of Madam Cui's sixtieth birthday, Madam Xie was diagnosed with pregnancy, which brought double happiness to her. Not to mention how happy Madam Cui and Cui Shishuo were.

Xie Miao was also happy. Her aunt lost her mother and brother when she was young. Although she was loved by her husband after marrying into the Cui Mansion, she still struggled for many years. Although her stepson and stepdaughter were respectful to her, they were not related by blood. Now that she can have her own child, it is truly a blessing from God.

Even if her younger brother takes away her aunt's care after he is born, Xie Miao didn't care at all. With her younger brother accompanying her aunt, she can be a nun with peace of mind, right?

"A-Miao?" Seeing Xie Miao's sudden silence, Madam Xie quickly probed her forehead, "Where do you feel uncomfortable?"

"No." Xie Miao took her hand, tilted her head and leaned on her shoulder, "Aunt, A-Miao has grown up."

Madam Xie teased: "Of course, A-Miao has grown up and is old enough to get married."

Xie Miao pretended not to hear and said: "Aunt, there are many things in the house. You don't need to do everything yourself. Just leave the trivial matters to the steward and Yanzi."

"You, little girl, are you worried about your aunt?"

"Just follow me, okay?"

"Okay, okay, it's up to you."

"If you are tired, take a rest. Eat less cold food and more hot food on weekdays. Don't be insatiable for cold weather. It's winter, so you should wear more clothes..."

Listening to her niece's ramble, Madam Xie felt as if she had gone back to the time when her brother and sister-in-law were still there.

Her sister-in-law also told her to take care of herself.

The tip of Madam Xie's nose felt sour. She pressed the corners of her eyes with a handkerchief, and said sadly and happily: "My A-Miao has grown up."

Before leaving, Xie Miao handed the wrapped persimmon cakes to Madam Xie, "Aunt, these are the persimmon cakes I made by myself. Although it doesn't look good, it tastes good."

She did not bring the beautiful persimmon cakes made by Qiaogu and Fu Lu, but brought the weird and not very beautiful persimmon cakes she made to Madam Xie.

Madam Xie opened the oil paper bag and said in surprise: "Did you make it yourself?"

"Well, you shouldn't eat too much of persimmons because they are cold food. You and uncle should share the food and don't be greedy."

"Okay, did you send it to other rooms?"

"They've all been sent."

"What about Muli?"

Xie Miao's throat froze, and she said calmly: "I've sent it too."

That's strange.

If there weren't enough persimmons, she would naturally miss out on Cui Muli's share. Anyway, he doesn't care about it, so she isn't willing to give it to him.