Chapter 11 Persimmon cakes

Start from the beginning

They was dissatisfied, but didn't dare to resist their mistress. They just kept a pretty face and bowed to Xie Miao unwillingly.

"This slave {Guiyuan}/{Lizhi} is at your disposal."

Xie Miao didn't take these two girls to heart, and went to see Madam Xie after taking a rest.

Madam Xie was explaining to her maid about Madam Cui's birthday. When she saw Xie Miao coming in, she pushed aside the account books piled in front of her and affectionately pulled her to sit down.

She looked at her carefully and breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Xie Miao's complexion was rosy and her eyes were clear.

"After being raised in the temple for a month, you finally regained some of your energy. The incense in Qingxin Temple is strong, and it really nourishes people."

Xie Miao's eyes lit up when she heard this, and with a burning gaze she said: "Aunt, I like Qingxin Temple. I like it very much, quite a bit. I like it so much that I want to live there forever."

Madam Xie's eyelids twitched inexplicably, and her eyes fell on her niece's hairstyle empty of ornaments and elegant dress.

"This outfit doesn't suit you." She called Yanzi, speaking quickly, "Send the gold flower entwined with ruby ​​bracelet that was newly purchased, the emerald pearl earrings, and the Hotan jade lotus hairpin from the warehouse to my niece's room."

Xie Miao shook her head repeatedly, trying to refuse: "Aunt, I don't need..."

"In a few days, ask the people from Jushang Pavilion to deliver some clothing materials and jewellery to the door, and choose new coats for the Ladies. By the way, the colours should be brighter."

"Aunt, I really..."

"Okay, don't talk." Madam Xie clapped her hand and said angrily: "My niece should be bright and beautiful. Why is she dressed so plainly? It's not like she wants to become a nun."

Well.

After hearing the truth being spoken, Xie Miao lowered her eyes with a guilty conscience. After a while, she said tentatively: "Aunt, if I want to become a nun..."

Madam Xie was smiling, but her tone was completely opposite and sinister, "Then I'll break your legs."

"..."

Xie Miao's shoulders trembled and she swallowed.

Now she still can't afford to offend her.

*

They haven't seen each other for a month, and the aunt and niece had a lot to say. Madam Xie and Xie Miao had lunch together. Because she was in a good mood, she ate half a bowl of rice more than usual. After the meal, Madam Xie drank strong tea and ate some candied fruits.

Xie Miao followed her example and put an apricot into her mouth. The sour taste soared straight to the middle of her forehead, and she had to endure it before spitting it out.

Madam Xie said with a smile: "I always want to eat something sour these days, so I bought a lot of candied fruits. You can take some back later."

"Okay, thank you Aunt." She was not good at rejecting her aunt's kindness. She nodded and looked straight at Madam Xie with her bright eyes.

Madam Xie is only twenty-five years old this year. She has an oval face, a pointed chin, and her facial features are not soft. Together, they are beautiful, but they also reveal a bit of shrewdness.

Seeing that her appetite had increased and her energy was high, Xie Miao already knew.

Just like in her previous life, Madam Xie must be pregnant.